40T sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

sellouma

Jan 8, 2010
New York
looks like narrow 1speed/bmx bike chain
I would change it to #41 chain myself :)
I have a 72T from Jim, and 41 fits perfect ;)
Hi azbill,
thanks for the quick reply.
i went to Grainger store this morning, to get the #41, but when i tried it,it didn't fit all the way.(about 2 or 3 links), and the chain is wider, so i'm afraid it will jump off the sprocket.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I would call Jim, then :(
41 fits like a glove all the way around the 72 (a lot more teeth than a 40)
41 is wider, but I have found it gives you more leeway in chain alignment
(it will work even if the line between engine and sprocket isn't perfectly straight :))

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Howdy,
What is the sprocket measurement from tooth to tooth? If it's 1/2" or 12mm then either bmx or 41 would
fit. But, since the chain comes off and goes back on, then off again, I'm thinking it may be 35 chain. Or the chain is 1/2 pitch and the the sprocket is 35. Since 41 at Grainger wouldn't fit (1/2 pitch) then I suspect the sprocket is something else.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
That is really odd...Please send the sprocket and chains back to me so that I can check it out!

I will send it all back to you with a money order for the cost of shipping it back to me.

I know some of the kits, (Grubee), have narrow chains, and I have to thin the teeth down a bit so that the chain sits down in the sprocket correctly...but out of pitch, this is a first!

Don't worry we'll figure it out...and fix it!

Jim

sellouma

Jan 8, 2010
New York
That is really odd...Please send the sprocket and chains back to me so that I can check it out!

I will send it all back to you with a money order for the cost of shipping it back to me.

I know some of the kits, (Grubee), have narrow chains, and I have to thin the teeth down a bit so that the chain sits down in the sprocket correctly...but out of pitch, this is a first!

Don't worry we'll figure it out...and fix it!

Jim
You the man!!!
don't worry about the shipping costs,it's on me.
I went to another store to see if i can use it with the #41 chain, but it fits tight on the sprocket.
after you fix the 40T sprocket, i m gonna get the 41 chain.,
thank you very much. dance1

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Bill, how fast would you say you go with your 70T?.... I’m debating on going from my 44 back to the 50T or leaping to the 70... I wouldn’t hate some super hill climbing capabilities... as long as i can still get my 25MPH.... more wouldn’t hurt either haha

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
hunter, I can still hit 30 with my 72 tooth :)
(and pull the girls/trailer up a wall;))
I am using a different drive than you tho
mine is an EZM Q-Matic, so I can't guesstimate if it'll help you with your Grubee

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
Whoa!... that’s very impressive... I went to your site (somehow missed the “EZ” on all of your posts)... looks like we’re in two completely different playing fields.... I really kind of want to give your 72 tooth a shot... but have this gut feeling that i would get all of about 10mph out of it hahahahaha... maybe I’ll just have to talk to Terry and get one of his 56T..... thanks for the info though