new bike

GoldenMotor.com

BikeGuyver

Jun 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Well took it on the 50 mile journey, ran fine all the way up, except for me crashing once. But I had to get a ride back to town because my sprocket was pretty chewed up. Fit the new bevel wheel on tighter, but still sticking out a little. and traded the Rockhopper for a Hardrock that had a smaller frame, but worse components. I also got a cool ovalized gear in front! I was also looking at getting an auto shifter, especially because I can't reach one of the gears with my current gripshift.

compilation shot because my camera won't focus.xct2

Attachments

Last edited:

BikeGuyver

Jun 20, 2010
Sacramento, CA
put grease on the gears and don't see any wear after about 45 miles. (can't believe i rode that far in just a few days!) but then my engine started rattling loose from the frame, and the muffler was coming loose too ;o( - i broke one of the bolts that hold the muffler on, so i can't fit a lock washer on there and the goop i used didn't hold it. so i need some new goop (some version of locktite?) was using auto/marine sealant which i'm guessing isn't meant for the high exhaust temps...

edit: oh yeah my bike almost got stolen! i was applying for a job and when i came out my lock was gone but the bike was still there! i guess they couldn't figure out the clutch and decided it was too heavy?!? it was a kryptonite coil lock so now i got a u-lock, but i'm 99% certain i locked the bike...

Last edited: