New bloke from Melbourne - Australia

GoldenMotor.com

Adam F

Apr 24, 2010
Brunswick, Victoria
Hello everyone.

I have been interested in motored bikes for quiet a while. About a year a go I brought a cheap beach cruiser and fitted with a China Sky 48cc motor. It ran well with no real problems - until I crashed it into a bollard in a car park. Busted up my ankle pretty good and bent the pedals and crank.

after I could walk again - I then swapped the motor onto a TREK schwinn copy that I had laying around and used that to commute for a while. The bike has been sitting for some time for several reasons. First reason is because the back wheel has buckled and the chain from the engine falls off all of the time. I do have a Grubee HD rear axle with brake etc the I am going to build so that should take care of that problem.
The other reason that I stopped riding is because here in Victoria we have a 200 Watt power limit and my bike exceeds that. The chances of getting caught are fairly small, however the main issue for me is that if an accident were to occur I would not be covered by any insurance - not cool when I have a small family to support.

Now that there is a fairly cheap 200 Watt petrol motor available locally my interest is renewed- I will buy one of these and build a light weight commuter and turn my original bike into a board track style beast - it will look good on a trailer behind my hot rod...

Adam

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Welcome mate from Crazy Horse in the good ole USA!

Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

Adam we Americans might not know what some word meanings are like what is a bollard is that Australian for a wheel stop for a car space in a car park?

All the best and welcome again to motorbicycling.com mate!

Crazy Horse.

macattie88

Dec 2, 2009
columbia sc
welcome aboard....its cool to have members from all over the world...been thinking of visiting australia for a vacation...got any extra rooms...lol

Adam F

Apr 24, 2010
Brunswick, Victoria
Hey there,

sorry about the terminology... A bollard is basically a short pole (waiste height) sticking up vertically out if the ground- in this instance used to
seperate traffic and people...or to catch out speeding cyclists! I can recommend a trip to Australia- it's a great place!

Adam