My Bike Only Goes Fast

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
I finally got a chain on my bike and it's running smooth. Not falling off or anything like that.

Now my problem is the throttle seems to do nothing. I pedal start my bike and it just starts going really fast.

Anyone know what to do?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Check your throttle slide, it may be in backwards.

Also check the slide, cable and throttle twist grip for any binding.

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Check your throttle slide, it may be in backwards.

Also check the slide, cable and throttle twist grip for any binding.
Which way does it go in? Does the slide slide all the way down or do you line it up with the notch on the other side to stop it?

I have it so the notch catches on whatever is in there, should I turn it around?

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Which way does it go in? Does the slide slide all the way down or do you line it up with the notch on the other side to stop it?

I have it so the notch catches on whatever is in there, should I turn it around?
Ok I just turned it around and it now works. Thanks for the help.

brandongordon2002

Apr 26, 2009
stoney creek ontario
Hey, my throttle seems to stick every once in a while, last night i was coming to a stop light and dident realize and luckly killed my engine quickly, it get caught on something inside the carb, the slider is in the right way, if i play with it usually i can hear the spring reset. Also when i untwist the thing were the slider goes into the carb, its not a smooth fit like it once was, ive cleaned it and felt for debris and there is nothing. Im stumped on this one

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
clutch cable should not be tied tight to bike.
And where it screws into the top of carb should be hand tightened.
Carb slide will have a groove up and down one side of slide and a notch at bottom on the other side of slide,the groove side of slide goes toward right peddal side of bike and the notch side of slide goes toward the carb set screw. a drop of oil rubbed all over the slide before inserting into carb might help.