this is starting to bug me.

GoldenMotor.com

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i go for a ride yesterday, and then my front wheel starts to wobble. then when i got home, i had no bearings on the left cage for the bearings, and my grandpa now assumes that i have sabotaged my bike to get a new wheel. i really want to just dissipate on my bike right now, but i can't. is there anything i can do this time around to get my bike back up and running without bearings flying all over the road as i ride.

Clotho

May 25, 2008
i go for a ride yesterday, and then my front wheel starts to wobble. then when i got home, i had no bearings on the left cage for the bearings, and my grandpa now assumes that i have sabotaged my bike to get a new wheel. i really want to just dissipate on my bike right now, but i can't. is there anything i can do this time around to get my bike back up and running without bearings flying all over the road as i ride.
At some point as you grow older you have to start to look after yourself. I get the feeling that your grandpa thinks you are already old enough to do that. If it were myself and money was tight I would collect some bottles or mow some lawns or do whatever I could to earn a few dollars and then I would go to a bike collective and purchase a good used wheel. I would regrease the wheel before putting it on the bike and I would enjoy the ride!

Here is a list of California bike collectives. You can call around to see where you can get the best deal.

California Bike collective directory

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i have the money saved up for a new wheel already, but i just don't like it when he assumes that i sabotage my bike to get something new. i currently have my summer job, and am saving up for a used suzuki gz250

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
It kind of sounds like Grandpa is watching you and wishing your money would be used for more meaningful things . Such as groceries or utilities or just general living expenses . If you are staying with them under their roof at age 22 you should be contributing to the household . I am a grandpa and that is my take on it . I apologize if this is not your living situation . And older family members do want to see there young succeed in life .