suggestions please

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I was a professional photographer for almost forty years. I never got to use that in a conversation lol. I always wanted to, so thank you for the opportunity.

Seriously though most of us see art much too rigidly and I include myself in that. There is a lesson here, everything has a purpose first, then design takes a back seat most of the time. I think the Honda element is the ugliest vehicle ever made. My wife's best friend has two big dogs, (as do I) which she takes riding in her car. She loves it because it can be hosed out when needed. It was designed for people to tear the heck out of. It's the only reason I can think of to make such an ugly little car. Pure utility.

Can you image what was said of the first VW to hit this country.

So I think Butterscotch and blacked out chrome is the answer to the color scheme from now on. Thanks Guys.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Art is not supposed to be ridgid, it's supposed to be art. Beauty in the eye of the beholder and the big "FU" to convention.

It's making SOMETHING where there was once NOTHING.

Last edited:

haolehonu

May 12, 2008
Deacon,
I just grabbed my BFA from ASU and am also a photographer. I am looking to start a project based around alternate transportation and am curious if you have seen anyone specifically shooting these bike and their owners?

Michael Kogel - Vox

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have never seen any serious work about these bikes, but the interest is heavy right now. News stories everywhere but and this is a big one, it is a fleeting interest to the public.

You should see the senior citizen ask me about the bike, then when I tell them you have to build them yourself, the lights go out and there's nobody home.

The study I keep threatening to do is "Scenes from the seat of a motor bike." Its one of those studies that you could shoot as big or as small as you want. Lots of things to see if you go slow enough.