Bairdco Built For Speed Bike...

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The rod bearing adopted to the clutch arm is more what I'm after, if you've got any more visual illustration it would be much appericiated.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's pretty simple. as long as you can find the rod end.

it's a 1/4-20 thread.

first, i bend the stock lever a little in a vice, then cut off the tip.

the stock arm is tapered or milled down halfway from the factory, and i use a 1/4-20 tap to thread it down to the bend.

then just thread the rod end onto it. you usually don't have to add a locking nut on the end, but you can.

most of the brass cable ends that come with the kit will fit tight into the spherical bearing, and you're done...

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
yeah, 1/4-20.

years ago when i raced my honda with dual mikuni sidedrafts, i had a bag of them from the throttle linkages.

i saw them for sale at Industrial Metal Supply in irvine for about $10 each. they have a bunch of different threads, even metric.

whatever ones you get, you could get the right die, too.

jeff, have you ever pulled the clutch on one of my bikes? they're all super smooth and easy.

i'm also working on getting some hi-po clutch pucks into production. got a few different compounds to test, but it's a real labor-intensive process. my clutch guy doesn't work cheap...

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
My cluth lever only has 3lb.pull on the Redskin, all my others 10-11 lbs I like your idea and want to do something different for Big Black Jack.
Thanks! if there is any more input please! share.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
haha... :)

this bike's too small and cobbled together to run at bonneville.

plus it'd run in the 80cc class? not sure.

my hopes of getting to the flats this year have all been dashed. my accident really put a damper on a lot of my plans. not that i was making any progress before it happened, but wrecking myself closed the door on it for this year.

i'm hoping to get out there as a spectator or something, though.

maybe next year... ;)

besides, it's gonna be rough enough trying to get my body fixed and a whole 'nother bike built to take on the arrow team in june.

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
this bike's being put on hold ( been happening to a lot of my projects lately...)

i might have a buyer for the frame and original fork which outweighs the time i put into building the tank.

there's a lot of work modifying an intake and exhaust to squeeze into that small space, and i've already got a street bike (even though it tried to kill me.)

right now i'm building another race bike from the ground up. gotta concentrate my efforts on that so it's ready for the june race.

sorry, no pics. keeping my ideas under wraps til it hits the track... ;)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
besides, it's gonna be rough enough trying to get my body fixed and a whole 'nother bike built to take on the arrow team in june.
Not only Arrow Motorized Cycles but TheJakeBike team and
turkman's China girl moped mongrel and JN Motors Bikes
will be racing in the PRO Class too on June 1st.

I am pretty sure that the 2 Stroke PRO Class rule will be:

Stock 66 cc:
1) Cases
2) Crankshaft
3) Cylinder
that can be modified but you have to base your motor on those parts.

We want to keep them looking like the original motors and to keep the
costs down.

turkman's bike was started before a finalized rule change so it will be
allowed to race.

EDIT: I answered your PM

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
polish it up with a 3M finishing wheel (ace hardware. $10 and it works with a drill) then paint it with duplicolor metalcast spray paint.

it's fake annodizing paint. looks like the real thing until it chips.

i also use a sanding disc to take the sharp edge off all the fins on the jug.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i just noticed truckd's motor. but if you're talking about mine, with the bright blue covers, it lasts pretty long. duplicolor has a good clear coat that preserves it pretty well.

the surface has to be shiny. works best on chrome or polished steel and aluminum so a regular primer wouldn't work

they also have a shiny base coat to paint over dull finishes, but i haven't tried it.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
First I stripped the paint from case,cylinder and head, painted the head with VHF disc brake paint (Auto zone) then cylinder and case with Ford blue engine paint (containing ceramic) no polish the key is to put it up for a few days to cure and 9 outta 10 times it will retain that fresh painted gloss, then you bling it out (LOL!)