BGF centrifugual clutch ??

GoldenMotor.com

whiteoakharold

Aug 13, 2008
Hey Folks I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Boy GF centrifugal clutch system?? The ones on the old Honda Oddsey(sp?) worked real well. He has a center mount 4stroke and a 2stroke with the system on them. I really want a center mount four and it seems that no one has one with a workable transmission. I hope to build my first MB this fall/winter. Can you get snow tires for bicycles?:D thanks, Whiteoakharold

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Can't help you on the BGf clutch, but yes, they make snow tires for bicycles....they're called "mountain bike tires".

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Have been told that real bike snow tires work great. Have yet to try them myself I plan on useing small screws as studs Studded Bicycle Tires There are a bunch.

Do you have a link to Boy GF centrifugal clutch ? could not find it.

whiteoakharold

Aug 13, 2008
I saw the Boy Go Fast add on ebay then you have to go to his store to see the kits with the centrifugual clutches. At least that's what I did. I didn't see them on the auction list a few days ago. I'd really like to know if they work, or if they can be made to work. I really want a center mount 4 stroke. But I just might have to build a 2 stroke while I wait.

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
BGF centrifugual clutches work for a while then they get clogged up with clutch dust then you have to tear them down alot.there not seal bearing the bearing are lose in the clutch plate. when the clutch wears the dust jams up the bearings.But i,m sure if you keep them cleaned well like every 100 miles you might be ok.i,ll just stick with the hand clutch