two stroke cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

DAVID02895

Nov 14, 2008
Rhode Island
This is definately my favorite bike on this site! I have a couple questions. How do you get the derailer to work,is the gear the same as the chain? Would it work if I used a shock/spring suspension setup from a mountain bike in back? Thanks,

DAVID02895

Nov 14, 2008
Rhode Island
I have called several bike shops and called a schwinn guy on ebay and still can't find a disc hub as wide as the original. Anyone know where I can find one?

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
the distance between those two sprockets might not need a tension device like illustrated in the picture. I raced motorcycles for years and if you watch flattrack racing or road racing those bikes do not put tension on their chains. Ive never had a chain come off. And you do find it necessary to use, put only a slightest tension on it. take care glenn

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
I bought this 3 speed hub recently from US Choppers. I am going to run this in my cruiser rear wheel and drive it via a jack shaft. The jack shaft will be driven by the engine and/or a set of pedals that are soon to be installed. The jack shaft is made from the original single speed hub.
More to follow.
Cheers,
Matt.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
1000W Really cool, I would bridge a thick piece of tubing right of one of the exhaust bolts and secure it to the frame. To stabilize any movement like the English girl mentioned, Then make it blend in by having it chromed! Your idea is very cool, I love the concept. I would like to know how well it performs. I weld too, so I will probably rip off your design myself. The tubing could be made from old bike parts or some thing that will function and still look good. good luck with that Glenn You could weld a small metal strip under the gas tank area to anchor the tubing to.

1000w

Aug 19, 2008
junkyard the bushings are from a car suspension shop, just get some that are the same diameter as bike frame tube and buy bolts that fit inside the bush.
fm2200 there is no need to brace the motor as it doesn't move. This is because the two mounts are at an angle to each other.
Here are some photos of my jackshaft and three speed set up.
Works really well, great take off and nice low revs at cruise. It runs really quietly at a 40kmh cruise.
Cheers,
Matt.

Attachments

junkyard

Jan 6, 2009
st.petersburg fla
junkyard the bushings are from a car suspension shop, just get some that are the same diameter as bike frame tube and buy bolts that fit inside the bush.
fm2200 there is no need to brace the motor as it doesn't move. This is because the two mounts are at an angle to each other.
Here are some photos of my jackshaft and three speed set up.
Works really well, great take off and nice low revs at cruise. It runs really quietly at a 40kmh cruise.
Cheers,
Matt.
cool....im doin a jackshaft the same way....reverse dropouts and a hub......nice job

DAVID02895

Nov 14, 2008
Rhode Island
What did you use for the sprockets on the shaft? I want to do something like it. I have the same hub and motor. Do you have a clutch hooked up? Do you need it?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Matt, Awsum Build, Great Improvements!! I Remember When You Started That Machine, If You Remember, I Think I Had Your Build Confused With An Aussie Build That Turned Out To Be A Trike. Always Wondered How The Motor Mounts Worked Out. People Like You And Many, Many Others That Share Their Builds Make The Forum So Great And Enjoyable. What State Do You Live In? Later Ron

longjohnsilver

Mar 21, 2009
poconos
Damn, I popped up because I'm having trouble getting my sprockets/chain to line up, chain hitting nfenders and all that, then I see this!.....I'm going back under my rock