Does anyone know why

GoldenMotor.com

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Does anyone know why this site loads faster than the "other site" and why the members here are much friendlier? I am on dialup and everything on here is faster.
Elmo(^)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Because the site had it's E clip moved to the top notch, intake and exhaust ported and polished and the jet re-sized.

motorbicycling.com does over 50 downhill!
:D

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think this website has nicer people, because the 'gods' of this place made a consious effort to not let this become like the 'other place'. But I think they have at times gone overboard in being too 'PC'... :rolleyes:

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
As far as speed, I don't really agree that this site is any faster. I probably have as slow a dial-up connection as you can get. Right now it's a whopping 16.8 kbps. We are 7 miles from town with horrible phone lines.
I have my browser set to prompt for javascripts - when the prompt comes up I choose "No". (Some sites won't display at all with scripts disabled, that's why I want the prompt)
Most sites come up very quickly with scripts disabled. This site, the "other site", even that mopedarmy site all come up in a few seconds for me with my horrendous connection speed.

I do agree that this site is much friendlier and laid-back than others. Good members and mods, I suppose.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hmm... while we're on the topic I'd like to recommend NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722 for anyone runnin' Firefox, that in combo with Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 and you'll not be bogged down with alla that silly (and marginally dangerous) script & ad spam.

Both are reputable & free ofc. Good stuff ;)

If yer still runnin' IE... well *shrug* Firefox Browser | Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox | Free Download lol

edit: if anyone wants help w/the above plugins, feel free to PM me. They're easy tho, you'll find you'll just need remember to "allow" scripts/ads ifn ya wanna see 'em - such as our wonderful forum sponsors :D

Last edited: