DeadEye from Maryland

GoldenMotor.com

DeadEye

May 4, 2009
USA
Welcome to this wild world!!
Thank You. I see in your sig. Sickbike parts. That is one that I have visited. Your gear shift kit is very nice with its front freewheel. I am temped to go this route but with a frame mount 4 stroke or non china 2 stroke.

What kind of build are you doing?
Still trying to decide on that. I have a bike thats full suspension and its aluminum frame so it limits to rack mount if I use that saddle. I want only the best of quality. I lean toward the robin engine at present.

I am thinking about getting the Staton set up with a robin engine and not using the mount hardware. I am able to fabricate just about anything in the home weld shop.

Cheers DeadEye

HardyBikes

May 5, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
home weld shop eh? That's nice... What kind of setup do you have, can you post some videos of you welding some scrap. I am thinking of purchasing a wire welder from harbor frieght. Thanks man.

DeadEye

May 4, 2009
USA
home weld shop eh? That's nice... What kind of setup do you have, can you post some videos of you welding some scrap. I am thinking of purchasing a wire welder from harbor frieght. Thanks man.
I use a Hobart Mig Machine 175 amp 220 volt with Argon/co2 shield gas. If I were you I would buy from a local weld supply shop. Get a machine with gas to shield, yes its more expensive but well worth it. Wire feed without gas plain out sucks in comparison. Stay mainline with lincoln ,miller or hobart. The little 100 amp machine is ok for bicycle building but you really need 150 or more to do most jobs. Welding is a skill so you will need to practice on scrapp

DeadEye