what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I think most tubes are made by the same factories in China anyway. Yeah, a lot of bike stuff is rebranded. Tires, cranks, frames, lots of generic stuff, like bike computers.
If you want to buy 10,000-1,000,000 pieces of something, you can have your own brand on it.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Ya know, now that I have this wonderful machine, it's hard for me not to click on "China Girl" e-mails that show up in my spam box...................what if it's actually about my engine???

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

I finished the "TRAILER BUILD" and hooked it up to the "HD" . It rolls like its not back there . I can fell it when come down hard on the brakes , but it does act up back there around 26mph. But its empty and shopping carts don't usually go that fast right ???? LMAO Pics soon boys. Next big grocery run .

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Didn't do anything today, but did grab some brake cleaner and 3-in-1 oil for my clutch. The brake cleaner is to clean the drum and the shoes, and the 3-in-1 oil is for the bushing. Tomorrow the real work begins. I have to fix a bent pedal arm (got the mapp/pro torch for that, probably take 5 minutes) Then I have to take my forks apart, fix/clean my lower fork seals, put new oil in and put it all back together. Also need to adjust the tension on my primary drive chain, so its gonna be a busy day lol.

sylarbrodie

Mar 5, 2013
indiana

had a really nice 2+ hour ride last night around a town I always wanted to explore and found it's version of state street. woot woot!!!!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

install a new jaguar kit and customized a leovince pipe

View attachment 61104

View attachment 61105

View attachment 61106
Pipe and bike overall looks really nice, can you actually tell any difference in how it runs with the Jaguar Ignition?

Some swear by it and others say it more snake oil than anything else, just curious if you notice a change in the way the engine runs.

By the way, be careful hopping up on curbs with that exhaust so low.....LOL! looks nice though for sure.

Happy Safe Riding always, Map.wee.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I walked my dogs this morning while thinking about all the work that I wanted to get done to the bike today. A thunderstorm rolled in right before I got back from walking the dogs. Drat! So I pulled the bike in my house to work on it in the living room. I covered the gas tank with a plastic bag and a rag to help protect against fume leakage. Then I grabbed the mapp/pro torch and removed my left pedal (with a wrench, not with the torch lol). I then heated the pedal arm red hot, and carefully bent it back to the correct angle (got bent during a spill I took). I then adjusted the tension on my primary drive chain, and sprayed my clutch out with brake cleaner. After adjusting my primary chain, my secondary drive chain was loose, so I adjusted that as well. Then I took the bike outside and started it up just to help the brake cleaner dry out of the clutch a little bit better. Revved it a few times while up on the double kickstand, then shut it off. All in all, a good day of motorized bicycle repair. Now just need to adjust my lower fork seals and replace a broken mirror.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California

Installed a L-bracket to the front fender and installed side-pull calipers to the front and back of my cruiser - helps stopping with coaster brake. Been running 100:1 Opti-2 in 100+ degree weather and it is just fine. Will finish the first gallon tomorrow. Ordered an extra-tall double kickstand from Crow Cycles since the one I have is too short and the bike is wobbly with the current stand. Newer solid BMX 36h high flanged hub arrived today. I'll have my LBS measure the diameter of the spoke holes tomorrow to make sure I order the right spkes from Holmes Hobbies. I think they are 12 gauge straight pull, but the ones I have on the POS China hub are butted and wouldn't fit in the holes of the new hub. Need to adjust the chain adjuster tomorrow - too much slack.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

Installed my new chain idler from turbobuick1.........man, what a difference! Went on easy and sure quietened things down ---- a lot. Worth every cent!

I may get a slightly stiffer spring, but I'm gonna run this one a while.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

My opinions on spring tensioners is well known, but that being said, this looks like a nice part.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

Powertool, very nice job. I like that long to the back of wheel design. Mine is similar with the SBP chamber. I got tired of oil spitting on the back wheel and oiling my rear V-Brake. I run my oil a little rich because run it pretty hard sometimes .

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

That looks really good! I like how it includes the outside cover with a tab for the pivot point. Where do you get it and how much? Good info to know in case I do ever dig the HT back out of the garage.

Installed my new chain idler from turbobuick1.........man, what a difference! Went on easy and sure quietened things down ---- a lot. Worth every cent!

I may get a slightly stiffer spring, but I'm gonna run this one a while.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

That looks really good! I like how it includes the outside cover with a tab for the pivot point. Where do you get it and how much? Good info to know in case I do ever dig the HT back out of the garage.

It was $35 plus $5 shipping from forum member turbobuick1. I think he said this one is the first unit he's sent outside of Michegan. Ordered it early AM Saturday morning and got it Monday.

So far, this is a great upgrade for my bike! Smoother, quieter, less vibration. The quality of the materials and workmanship is top notch.

Great buy!

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Swapped out my incandescent brake light for an led and wired another battery in series to power it. I now have four 7.2v nicads strapped to my luggage rack lol. Two wired in series for my headlight and two in series for my brake light. Was a bit of a challenge repositioning my sheetmetal clamp to accomodate the extra battery, but eventually figured it out. I'm not necessarily sure that the brake light is brighter than it was, will have to wait for dark to be sure on that. But it will definitely be more efficient, which is what I'm more concerned with at this point.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.

I rode over to cheap-o-depot and returned the extra parts from the trailer build. Repaired my tailpipe leak. Located some parts. All in all a nice productive riding day !

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK

I tried my hand at 'trueing' my front wheel. This is something that I used to be really proficient, however, it's been about 35 years since I've done this.

My result, though not nearly perfect, is a lot better than it's original state. There is no slight rubbing on the brake pads as the wheel rotates. Gonna call this a success!

My bike now pedals and coasts like it has no additional chain and an engine attached to it.