Best 2 stroke engine?

GoldenMotor.com

Ready to Ride

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan
I am new to the motorized bike scene. Looking at getting one of the 80cc engines from either bikeberry or thatsdax.com. Both seem to be pretty good. Both also have bearings on the piston pin rather than just a cheap bushing. I'd like to know people's thoughts on these two as well as other suppliers. And what exhaust pipes seem to give the engines the best performance and sound?

\./

Dec 4, 2011
CA
I am new to the motorized bike scene. Looking at getting one of the 80cc engines from either bikeberry or thatsdax.com. Both seem to be pretty good. Both also have bearings on the piston pin rather than just a cheap bushing. I'd like to know people's thoughts on these two as well as other suppliers. And what exhaust pipes seem to give the engines the best performance and sound?
look through the swap shop section, there are some negative reviews about bikeberry and them having the bushing and not the bearing like claimed. in my experience all 2 stroke 66cc motors are the same, you may get lucky or you may get screwed over. id honestly just go with the cheapest one from ebay you could find. only difference is that known distributors claim to have a better customer service...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looks like you did some homework. Both stores you picked are good ones. If you choose BikeBerry, get a Flying Horse motor. Flying Horse uses Japanese bearings, and has a lighter piston.

Ready to Ride

Apr 1, 2013
Michigan
Thanks, I try to do some research before buying anything. Not at all new to motors. So I wanna make sure I'm gonna get something I'll be happy with. I like the parts availability of the 2-strokes for performance hop-ups. And the 4- strokes look terrible. The 2-strokes have a pretty classy look to them. Imo.