first build

GoldenMotor.com

kentlajolla

Jun 25, 2012
illinois
i decided to try the kent la jolla as my first build, everything went well except the tank mounts were too small i already mixed a gollon of gas 16;1 im going to run that for a while, should i switch to 24;1 once this is gone like everyone else says? .

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The search feature will be an awesome friend! I doubt 1 in 3 first builds go super smooth and every problem you could have, has a solution and very often a few.

There really are no dumb questions and the very good folks here enjoy helping.

If you can't find your problem, just ask and I will give you a ton of links.

No worries. Your baby will be up and running soon. Sadly, frustration is part of the gig but makes it all that much sweeter the first time she fires off and your zooming down the street.....

Don't be afraid to ask about any thing. No dumb questions and we all went threw the same learning, cursing and figuring at some point.

kentlajolla

Jun 25, 2012
illinois
well the big internal clutch gear all the little bearings were fried so i had to order a complete clutch assembly and gear puller about 35 shipped

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
Kent, I sympathize, I'm having issues with my clutch base-- quite wobbly. Puller is in the mail and I don't know if I need a new clutch assembly yet. Patience is rewarded =) At least you found the problem yourself! =)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Kent, I sympathize, I'm having issues with my clutch base-- quite wobbly. Puller is in the mail and I don't know if I need a new clutch assembly yet. Patience is rewarded =) At least you found the problem yourself! =)
The waiting is ruff. Not fun Xenodus

i can post pics later but i got my engine kit from boy go fast
Pics really, really help to understand Kent.

Best, longest lasting engine (2 smoker) I have had was from BGF. I have never tried to return or exchange any thing with them though. These engines are really luck of the draw any way and just mentioning that.

Is funny, I bought it because it was the cheapest one around back then and beat it like a masked home invader.

The frustration will be worth it. There will be an incredible sense of joy and accomplishment.

An engine barely alive.

Gentlemen/ladies, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world’s finest BGF MB. Your MB will be that MB. Better than he was before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

kentlajolla

Jun 25, 2012
illinois
:-||well got new clutch rode halfway around the block and, crank shaft bearings went out omg, one thing after another this sucks. i just want to ride but dont know if all this money is worth it