Best Engine Vendors?

GoldenMotor.com

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
I am looking for a place with good quality, fast, and around $180 50cc engines that can be shipped to california. I got one from Zone8 but the plating chipped away pretty fast, and i DID break it in correctly. I dont know which of the sponsors to choose, there are way to many!

Thanks guys, i appreciate it!

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
That is what I had last time. It was a pos to be honest. Crappy plating, ****ty components in the kit.

How are the GRUBEE kits from gasbike.net? Aren't the 48cc smoother and faster?

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I have recently purchased 2 Grubee GT2B motors from Gasbikes. They both came in with slightly different hardware and such but overall they have been breaking in well. Shipping was fast and packaging was acceptable. The CNS carb has been a bit tricky to hit the sweet spot but i have found it on both kits. Good luck with your purchase!

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
They are all pretty similar, as for as HT engines go there is no real "golden engine kit." What drove me to seek out better engine systems like Morini and Tanaka was the reliability thing, to be perfectly honest, an Ht/China girl will eventually let you down much sooner than the more expensive setups.

Sheriff John

Jan 18, 2011
San Diego
I know that these engines dont last as long as Zenoahs or Tankas. I am starting a minor buisness making these bikes and selling them on craigslist. Its a fun thing to do over the summer. I just wat a good supplier that sends what they describe.

How about Heliobikes? They seem nice, and if not, i will go with RAW motors.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Don’t go to RAW.
engines are a bit different, and seemingly more powerful but I have ordered 3 straight from RAW especially for the 6 month warranty. now that one blew out a head stud that was factory stripped (2 day old engine) im trying to get service and no reply. e-mails keep being returned with a mail demon and left 6 messages and NO REPLY.. They pride themselves on a 6 month full warranty but won’t answer their phones. BUT THEY ONLY WARRENTY ENGINES WITH THE RAW ALUMINUM STICKER. I HAVE 5 RAW ENGINES AND 1 (ONE) HAS A TAG ON IT!!! WTF!!!!! Also you have to claim missing or broke parts within 24 hours of delivery. How do I do that if nobody responds..

UMBRELLA RACKETTTTTTTTT!!!!!

I also ordered 2 others from Motovelo and they wer both RAWs. One of them broke the way out of balanced crank in half. When I tried to call Ayden Ozan to warranty the RAW engine (6 month RAW warranty???) he offered no support for the broken one and some how talked me into a newer offering from RAW. I am a gas bike junkie so I needed another….Feel Kinda Like A Dummy…

So that’s 5 RAW engines (1,000 dollars in Asian CRAP!! and I need two warrantees! NO SUPPORT, EMAIL OR PHONE CALLS RETURNED!!!!
They will probably call me in like 7 months when the warranty is up.. you think a return customer like me would get at least a “Go Sit On It!” lol

ANY HELP? ANY RAW REPS? SOMEBODY?????

Think im a Morini fan now!!!

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
But to be honest the newer raw engines are different. and nice in some respects. the blocks are thinner and slightly rounder on the edges. Transfer ports are smaller, the 80/66cc use small 6m studs on an 8m stud sized cylinder and head?? kind of strange to me!!, also piston pin is slightly lower on piston, so you can’t interchange with others. The crank is the best part. They are a 3 piece nicely made unit instead of the poor 5 piece design. Usually they are party true in the newer engines. The intake has the larger stud spacing witch is really nice! I can fit the Mikuni crab off of my ysr!! Real nice upgrade!! Never seen that carb usage before so I feel kind of original in that respect 
so as you can see I do like the RAW’s but don’t offer me anything if you don’t intend on supporting you’re product/statements!!

I also intend to do a write up on the different type/generations of engines with pics. I disassembled a newer Raw engine and did notice a difference. I’ve been reading posts about different types but seems like nobody has noticed the differences between engines. They are small differences but worth mentioning……

Sorry, don’t know if I can say crap in my earlier post as im new to this… -Bo

Ps Great site for all us gasbikers!! Thanks to all that participate!

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Avoid Gas Bikes and King they are one in the same company and have serious issues in CS and just plain getting the parts to you. I use Piston Bikes because they are motorized bicycle riders and also sponsor events to promote the sport of motorized bicycle riding, besides their service is impeccable.

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
I work at a bike shop and I have built about 11 of these bikes and all of them have been from Gasbike.net. I have ordered all my parts and engines from them without a hitch. I run a Grubee Skyhawk GT5 and have over 3000 miles on it. I did modify the mess out of mine and with that you need to take precautions. I hope this helps you out.

PS. I am not sure if they ship to CA, but if they do, im sure you wont be disappointed. Right now they have them on sale REALLY cheap. 140$ with free shipping cheap......

xct2