New Cruiser Build!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
ok so im 15 and this is my first real build of a motorized bike i just got this HUFFY Cranbrook cruiser picked it up for around $100 cuz i bought the 1 year return policy but any ways pics of bike below!! For christmas this year i asked for one thing and thats what im getting its the 80cc engine kit from gasbikeshop.com so i cant wait hope you like the biuld more pics once finished and dont plan on keeping bike stock noticed a few weak flaws on the bike but i love the colors of this bike might change them tho dance1

Attachments

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Welcome zachattack. I have three bikes and the cranbrook is the most comfortable of the three. A couple of tips. Before you motorize the bike clean and regrease both wheel bearings and the crank. When you order the motor make sure that they don't send you one with the gen1 carb on it.

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
yes thanks for the tips i was planing on it they felt alil dry.. and im replacing the petals with metal ones. and yea the bike is very confy to ride i took it for a pretty good ride to see how it rode and felt.. gen1 carb? im not sure the motor was already ordered it didnt say anything about that tho its spose to be a pretty good built engine tho

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I've heard a lot of horror stories about the pedals, mine are still hanging in there but I don't pedal much. I have the pull start CF motor. If your motor has a red air cleaner on it you're good to go.

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
um i dont think it does but i dont know yet cuz i cant opean till christmas haha but ist the carb with the red air filter a performance carb?

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
yea its a old 3spd western flyer (fairway flyer) im not sure what year i would really like to know but dont know how to find out i never seen a bike like it cuz it changes gears in the rear hub not with sprockets but yea my grandpa told me he had one when he was younger i would like to find out the year better pics below and yea it would make a nice motor bike also besides the skinny tires and i dont think wider ones would fit

Attachments

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I think they're all performance carbs except for the NT. I've bought three motors from gasbike.net. Two came with the red air cleaner carbs, one came with a K&N type air filter and had the screws locktited and epoxied in, and had what seemed like about 27 tubes hanging off it. I finally ended up using it for target practice and ordered a new version NT from spookytooth to replace it.

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
ok thanks yea i think its just the standerd carb that comes with all kits thats whats in the pic on the web site gues i will find out once i go to put it together .bld.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
I think they're all performance carbs except for the NT. I've bought three motors from gasbike.net. Two came with the red air cleaner carbs, one came with a K&N type air filter and had the screws locktited and epoxied in, and had what seemed like about 27 tubes hanging off it. I finally ended up using it for target practice and ordered a new version NT from spookytooth to replace it.
not true, most kits that aren't grubee on that site have the standard carb, and even then some grubee kits still have the normal carb.

GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
ok thanks yea i think its just the standerd carb that comes with all kits thats whats in the pic on the web site gues i will find out once i go to put it together .bld.
if you're lucky your parents decided to see the list price vs the sale price and chose the best value, which would be a grubee kit, which is more likely to have that part, although honestly the kit prices they have i think are just for show to make it seem like you're getting a better deal then you actually are, but maybe that's just me :oops:

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
im the one that read all about it and told them to order this one i looked on many web sites ay other kits but this one looked goo to me and i red everything about it it should be a good built motor but yea i picked it out and i was there when my parents ordered it

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
not true, most kits that aren't grubee on that site have the standard carb, and even then some grubee kits still have the normal carb.

GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)

GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Slant Head Bike Motor Kit (Standard Finish)
All the motors I've order are the 2010 models. Nothing wrong with the standard carb or the NT, but the first carb on your second link, the one with the round air cleaner is an unusable, unfixable, untunable piece or carp.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Regarding the 3 spd- They started putting reflectors like that on the front and on the wheels and pedals in the mid 1970's, so it was probably made after that- I'm guessing late '70's or early 80's-

Often the serial numbers are a clue, if say it begins or ends with "78' then the bike was probably made in 1978. So you might check the serial number on the back dropout or under the bottom bracket usually.

Nice Ax, Zackattack!

Last edited:

zachattack

Dec 2, 2010
missouri
Wooo got my bike all put together dance1 after a frustrating time with the rear sprocket but yea it together and went for some rides today couldnt ride to much to cold out but yea got some pics sorry there not the best took them with my phone oh and yea i had to remove the rear finder for now untill i get a place cut for the chain

Attachments