EZ non invasive tensioner securement

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I didn't want to drill or mar my chrome Huffy frame to keep tyhe tensioner outta the spokes. I believe drilling or setscrews weakens or causes places for cracks to start .

I drilled a 1/4" hole in the top left corner of the tensioner bracket.

Then I bolted along piece of hardware store 3/4" aluminum angle to the bolt with the top angled back about 45 degrees or so. after the angle looks right to you, cut off thr excess about an inch past where it bears on the frame members and rounf off the sharp corners at the ends.
On my bike, when I tightened the bolt, the aluminum angle was pulled tight to the frame on each end. I used the black tape that melts to itself where the aluminum bears on the frame and chainguard.

Drill and add another bolt thru it and the chainguard and it stabilizes the angles position and stiffens up the chain guard mounting.

Can't show a pic, Bikes Was stolen by a lowlife gutterpunk that walks round with boltcutters, prolly in some drug dealers garage now.

I put the Chrome engine on my Chrome Micargi last night. Gonna try to eliminate the tensioner on it.

Wayne Z