The idiot consumer...me

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I ordered a battery on line. It didn't come and the po tracking didn't show that they had ever received it from the seller. I contacted the seller after the first delivery date came. He said sometimes the po doesn't enter them in the system at all. It should be there any day. I gave him the benefit of the doubt then after nine days on a priority package from NJ. I contacted the seller again being very nice.

They agreed to ship one to me yesterday. So of course the first battery showed up in the mail today. I feel like an idiot even though I know I did the right thing.

PS i emailed the seller told him not to ship if he hadn't already. And if he had I asked what he wanted me to do with the second battery. Darn the post office anyway. If they had tracked as they should, I would have known what was going on and not acted like such an idiot. Anyway I have the battery now.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Deacon had the same thing happen with a part I bought from an e-bay guy. Lot of back and forth about did you send the money,did you get the money, then nothing. Zip.

Didn't plan to slam the guy because he had a 100% rating on e-bay and things happen.
Sure enough a month later it showed up. Don't know what happend.
Checked the mail cost and it was $12 more than I was charged so I will send him the difference.

It's like waiting for Christmas when you were six.

Steve

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i bought a hub on ebay, and after almost a month, i never got it. emailed the guy back and forth, first he tells me he sent it, then he tells me it came back due to "no such address."

i check ebay, and the thing's been re-listed. been on there a week.

so i email back, asking why he didn't even try to contact me before re-listing it, and he tells me it's not the same used, red band bendix skip-tooth coaster brake hub, it's different.

ok, sure, i tell him, maybe you've got more than one and just used the same exact picture, i'll buy that. now where's my hub?

he says he doesn't want to pay shipping for it again, and i tell him i'm not paying for it since i never got it, and it goes on like this for awhile, until i say, fine, cancel it, refund my money, and i'm giving you negative feedback, and opening a dispute.

got the hub a week later. and the re-listing disappeared from ebay.

amzing how scared people get about bad feedback.

what blows, is, in the time it took to get that hub, i found one literally right next door from me at an estate sale, got another one on the goodyear bike, and the guy i bought the bike from threw in another wheel, so that makes 4 total. and i'm not using any of them.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
i bought a hub on ebay, and after almost a month, i never got it. emailed the guy back and forth, first he tells me he sent it, then he tells me it came back due to "no such address."

i check ebay, and the thing's been re-listed. been on there a week.

so i email back, asking why he didn't even try to contact me before re-listing it, and he tells me it's not the same used, red band bendix skip-tooth coaster brake hub, it's different.

ok, sure, i tell him, maybe you've got more than one and just used the same exact picture, i'll buy that. now where's my hub?

he says he doesn't want to pay shipping for it again, and i tell him i'm not paying for it since i never got it, and it goes on like this for awhile, until i say, fine, cancel it, refund my money, and i'm giving you negative feedback, and opening a dispute.

got the hub a week later. and the re-listing disappeared from ebay.

amzing how scared people get about bad feedback.

what blows, is, in the time it took to get that hub, i found one literally right next door from me at an estate sale, got another one on the goodyear bike, and the guy i bought the bike from threw in another wheel, so that makes 4 total. and i'm not using any of them.
Now, you can make one real good one from all of them, & list the others back on ebay!! ;)