Custom Stretched Schwinn Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

M&M REBEL BIKES

Feb 2, 2012
Fair Oaks, CA
Hi Board

Here is my most recent build. It's a 1970 Schwinn frame that has been stretched two inches and raked. The forks I snagged off a OCC frame in the backyard. Welded some tabs on the forks and the frame to lower and stretch even more. Used some CR500 handle bars left in garage by last roommate (thanks Stan the Man) welded a plate on the end of the kickstand and shaped it like a devils tail. The seat was an old seat that i removed the fabric and padding from then drilled holes in the seat pan to give it an old look. Chopped the stock pipe and ran a custom exhaust line, reusing the stock muffler at both ends. I used a pipe that is called Gastite, it's used in commercial and residential gas line applications. The gas tank, I made out of a hand held propane bottle and polished a 1" brass cap for the gas cap. Through a skyhawk motor in it. Not done with her yet. I'm looking for a old brass lantern top to make a headlight with. Maybe just use a Coleman lantern top and paint it. Anyway thought i would share, I hope you guys and gals like it. Thanks for all the great info I have picked up on this forum. I tried to upload some pics on this thread, not allowed (newbie) You can find them on my other thread. Thanks

Rebel

Attachments

Last edited:

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi M&M REBEL BIKES. Thankyou for the pictures, your engine sounded healthy. I'm the person who asked you where you bought the flex tubing last Saturday at the stop light on San Juan Ave. It was my pleasure to talk to you for a quick minute, I've seen four or five motorized bicyclers in my life and never spoken to one before. Thanks again.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hi Zean

You have proven to me, it's a small world. Do you have a motorbike? If I can ever help or assist you in a build or repair, let me know.

Rebel
Rebel, welcome to the forum!

You sir, are showing just how grate this forum is.

Your willingness to assist and educate the general public and your assisting fellow forum members, not to forget our forum members who also help educate and assist present and future motor assisted bicyclists, is what makes this forum the great!

Congrats, on your custom build its Awesome!

Peace C.H.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi M&M REBEL BIKES. Thankyou for that offer, I really appreciate that. Maybe in the near future a left hand threaded single speed freewheel sprocket weld that at the seam to make a solid sprocket. I have a GEBE tanaka 40cc bicycle and a Staton-inc tanaka 40cc bicycle. I want to build another 4 stroke EZM 49cc and 79cc both on beach cruisers and a 212cc on a chopper bicycle. Thanks again. I got to get ready for work.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Excuse me, I forgot to mention, I'll pay you a fair price and or the going rate, your work looks good, Thankyou.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
buba here

m&m are you up for some unique builds????

can you weld aluminum and stainless ???
if fair oaks is anywhere near la!!!

buba 720 220 2775

M&M REBEL BIKES

Feb 2, 2012
Fair Oaks, CA
Thanks Crazy Horse
Zean PM on any projects that you need help on and will swap out numbers.
Buba, I can weld aluminum and stainless, but I'm in the Northern California area. Little bit of a drive for ya. I would think you could find a good welder in your area on this board. Good luck.

Rebel