Mountain bike as my 2nd build

GoldenMotor.com

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
I haven't posted in a while, please bear with me.

I chose a mountain bike for my second build- main factor for me is ease of maintainance- and low cost. I enjoyed my previous build, and orange moondog, nice ride those moondogs.
thought I would try something more all terrain, or, more of a commuter type bike-as I said, low cost, easy to maintain- and most of all- Fun to Build.
Custom exhaust from a minbike, cut to fit. Custom Intake, couldn't find one to fit, and the stock one that came with the kit sure wouldn't squeeze into the tiny frame space. Laid back the seat post- took me a while to get that right! Used flat piece of scrap to mount the front- Scrap mounted to engine, and the used two muffler clamps for a rock solid frame mount-should have tried that on the first build, Thanks to the folks here on the forum for all the Great ideas, and experience.
-Really enjoy the forum, and all the great information that is shared here!

-Richard Matheney. (Third in my line, Hence the- Matheneyr3).we.

Attachments

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
Just thought I'd add- For all the curious builders like myself, It is totally awesome to see all the amazing bikes, and custom builds that are posted on this site- by some seriously talented people- Thanks for all the help, advice, and of course- inspiration!
I guess that this site is like anything in life, what you put in-you get out. Make it what you want it to be, and don't accept anyone's opinion but your own.
If you want to be happy, and have a rewarding hobby- one that also makes you feel like a kid again- Build a Motorized Bike!

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Just thought I'd add- For all the curious builders like myself, It is totally awesome to see all the amazing bikes, and custom builds that are posted on this site- by some seriously talented people- Thanks for all the help, advice, and of course- inspiration!
I guess that this site is like anything in life, what you put in-you get out. Make it what you want it to be, and don't accept anyone's opinion but your own.
If you want to be happy, and have a rewarding hobby- one that also makes you feel like a kid again- Build a Motorized Bike!
I Agree!.flg.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
i like it mtb,s are always fun to build and ride thats by far my fav type of bike to ride i have nice trails near by.

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
The Moondog in my avatar was a learning build-
I love the top speed-(an honest 42mph). Can't beat a cruiser for comfort and style! But I wanted something a little more fun this time- Go back about 30 or some odd years..... Remember that old dirt bike? How much fun was that? -Ride when and where you wanted...Roads or trails? -Who cared, as long as we had fun getting there!