I know this is a frequent question..

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome GF. $200 is a great price if the motor is fixable. Every once in a while, I see a complete MB on clist (craigslist) where some one built it, but doesn't care for the MB thing.

The point Beach really is a nice ride. Kind funky angled V though and makes for more vibes, (with a chinagirl) but I really like 'em.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my wallyworld here in upstate ny near border carries them in stock,but i dont have the money right now because almost everyone is layed off of work.i payed $20 for a $60 walmart roadmaster sport mountainbike(very tight fit=cutting and drilling,but looks cool)but the nobby tires put off a lot of vibration over 20mph(ive had it up to 28mph)but id like to have a cruiser with mtb handlebars,fenders,racks and baskets,lights,it would look cool.

altarr

May 13, 2009
RI
i have an old mb i was going to use as i read that coaster brake style bikes dont really work with the stock sprockets. am i missing something? i would prefer a coaster type....

joemama127

Apr 9, 2009
Texas
I appreciate everyones suggestions but...I've already seriously derailed .duh. my efforts by buying a bike that is too nice to mess with putting an engine on (K2 Easy Street)...so now I'm just browsing classified ads for suitable (and cheap) bikes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
i have an old mb i was going to use as i read that coaster brake style bikes dont really work with the stock sprockets. am i missing something? i would prefer a coaster type....
Coaster brakes work with the stock sprocket, no problem....I've build 7 with them so far. It just takes a very small amount of extra work, like 10 minutes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You will generally have to do two things....bend the brake arm slightly to clear the sprocket, and grind off the dust cap's flange.

One takes a large vise and a pipe wrench, and the other takes 2 minutes with a bench grinder or good file.