Compression after 9 Months

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Yep, it was stuck, A humbling experience, . .Got id down, . .I emptied the tank, for a new mix tomorrow,

I guess it would not have started with the slide wide open like that, but I am getting a cough out of the engine, I down to figuring it is my fuel, cause if its sparking it should be barking !

Thanks Much.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Yep it was stuck ! A humbling experience, I guess it would not have started with the slide wide open like that, there is spark but no bark, I emptied the tank for a new mix tomorrow, I'm running out of Ideas,
Thanks Much !

BTW, . . The wind knocked over the bike, that's how the throttle handle broke,

I don't park it out in the open, unless it is a very calm day.

Last edited:

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
I just now tried the Spark Plug Test, I have the Carb Off, and the spark Plug is resting on the head, cause, I am having a hard time turning it over and holding the plug, . . but
moving the back wheel I have the piston moving, Should I be able to see the spark in the day light, I tried throwing a puncho over the area, but I am Now Not Seeing a spark, . . the pug metal to metal on the head ??

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
If Money Was Not So Scarce For Most Of Us, A Pull Start Would Be Nice, Just For Tuning, Then Take It Off And Hook Chain Back Up. The Spark Is Hard To See, Especially In The Daylite. Get Somone To Hold The Plug And Help Steady The Bike As You Kick It Over. They Should Be Able To Tell You When It Fires. That Usually Only Works Once Per Helper. The Rear Kick Stands Than Came On Some Bikes Years Ago Would Be Great. There Was A Latch On The Back Fender (behind The Wheel) That Held Them Up When Not In Use. May Have Been A Whizzer Option. You Could Sit On Bike And Pedal To Start. You Could Have Someone Hold Base Of Plug Against Head And Watch For Spark As You Hold Back Tire Off The Ground And Kick The Pedal Down. I Have Seen Guys Do It On U Tube Vids To Start Their Bikes. It Is Hard To See The Spark With The Bike Jerking Around. Someone Smarter Than Me Should Post How To Rig Up A Lite Bulb For Testing Spark. Maybe Even A Flash Bulb (if They Are Still Made). Good Luck.. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Wheel, Who Held The Spark Plug?? Ha Ha . You Might Take Gas Line Off Carb And Make Sure You Are Getting A Good Flow Of Gas. Been A Lot Of Trouble With Tank Valve Plugging, Paint And Junk In Tank. When You Are Trying To Start It Check Your Spark Plug. Take It Out, If It Is Wet You Are Flooded=to Much Fuel. If It Is Bone Dry You Are Not Getting Fuel. Ron

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
The only thing I can think of at this point is the try today, may not have been producing fuel intake, tomorrow, I'll set the idler to open the slide (a little ?), since I'm waiting for the throttle handle, then give it a try.

Any suggestions?

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Your right about those kick stands, If I'd a had one this would have never happened in the first place, it is how the handle grip got broke, the wind, while parked on pavement.
But thanks for the help!

I have spark! Could not see it in the day light, I can only think that the try today failed do to no fuel intake, so I am going to set the idler, (since I am waiting for the throttle handle, on order), and try it again tomorrow, any suggestions.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Thanks Ron, Yeah I might not be getting any fuel, I know its getting to the Reservoir The last time I checked, but am not positive its getting to the intake, I am going to set the idler and look into the carb before I start to make sure it is open. Then I'll take your tip and check the plug if it doesn't start, . . I'm waiting for the ordered handle throttler,
so I have to make shift it.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
I would adjust your clutch,also...check the blue wire mine came out the other day and I pedaled dam near a 1/4 mile trying to start before I realized LOL
I think you were right ! Also, that was my idea in post #15, . . (I am believing this is a clutch related situation, just a guess.)

BTW, . . How did you deduce that ?

I did adjust the carburetor, as there is no Handle Throttle at this time, however, I also adjusted the clutch, since, it was a little on the lite side, ( in gear you could easily, push it).

It started up, although I am not entirely sure, as I remixed the gas, adjusted the clutch, and made sure the idler was set, to an open position.

Thanks everyone for your efforts, they were appreciated, I would have been stuck here alone without you !