72V 100A 60Ah 4.3kWh 10s24p 200lbs.....

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I'm very interested in the battery you're going to build.
You and me both as these batteries have the propensity of bursting into flames, like a fireworks show gone wrong, if they are disrespected in any way. LOL

But they also have the ability to release massive amount of amps on demand like no other battery that I've ever seen before.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I will start off in 20Ah (8 pack) increments and work my way up to 60Ah cause these LiPo batteries ain't no joke. I don't want to be rolling down the road one day with 3 foot flames trailing off the back of my bike. It's just not my style. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Each ammo can will be holding a 72V 30Ah 25lb battery bank. Together both banks will be capable of dumping 300A into the motor shown above for up to 1 minute. Going from 9.5HP to 19HP at the twist of a wrist. That will be my passing gear. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
For those who don't know, in the picture you will see a 5A battery with a "25-50C Discharge" rating. The "C" stands for Capacity. This single battery can discharge 25 to 50 times its 5A "Capacity" at once. I will eventually, one day, have 24 of these Lithium bricks filling those two 17" x 5.5" x 10" ammo cans. zptzptzptzpt

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
now that is awesome looking, your idea for the amo boxes is pure genius, unique and stylish, that is going to be one heck of an electric bicycle mike

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
now that is awesome looking, your idea for the amo boxes is pure genius, unique and stylish, that is going to be one heck of an electric bicycle mike
Thanks Paul. Doing my best to make an electric bikes range a non-issue, once and for all. I figure 48-60Ah worth of batteries is a good place to start. I'll just deal with the extra weight.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
long as you don't have to carry it up a few flights of stairs like I do my electric bicycle all will be good

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Mike,
From my experiences from my beach cruiser, try to mount the motor as far front as possible. I carry two batteries on my rear rack which weighs around 40 lbs and sometimes it feels like I'm riding a unicycle because all the weight is in the back. Your bike is going to be one bad ash ride when it's done.
The good thing I like about your batteries is you won't have to get a Kevlar bag when charging them since they'll be in metal ammo boxes.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike,
From my experiences from my beach cruiser, try to mount the motor as far front as possible. I carry two batteries on my rear rack which weighs around 40 lbs and sometimes it feels like I'm riding a unicycle because all the weight is in the back. Your bike is going to be one bad ash ride when it's done.
The good thing I like about your batteries is you won't have to get a Kevlar bag when charging them since they'll be in metal ammo boxes.
My batteries will weigh 50 lbs for 48Ah or 75 lbs for 60Ah. Each box holds 72V 30Ah maximum. I'll push that motor as far forward as I possibly can as long as I don't have any long chain issues cause that bike is long long.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
might want to drill some vent holes in the bottom of the boxes so they're not sealed up in case things get hot.
Just like I did on my last bike. Maybe this time to also include hood scoops? LOL

I will make sure to be way under the maximum discharge rate, using the controller, cause these batteries don't just "get hot", they have the ability to burst into a ball of flames.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Cheaper, safer, more robust, easier to charge, and my bicycle can hold 20 of them. I'm a happy boy! LOL

Last edited: