Future 4stroke rider from Long Beach

GoldenMotor.com

JdubsLBC

Jul 27, 2008
LONG BEACH
What's up everyone, my name's jake. I've been dong research for the past two months and feel like I could install the honda gx50 with my eyes closed [almost...] but I am just patiently waiting for the kits to be in stock (have been all summer...) ha. I'm having a terrible time debating which bike to buy. I'm not sure whether to invest in high quality components or to buy a basic cruiser.

Still confused about why an aluminum frame is really bad... if you don't drill through it is there going to be a guaranteed problem?

If someone could tell me the minimum frame space that is needed to accommodate the gx50 that would give me an incredible jump start to my project. I've heard 10x10 square... doesn't seem accurate cause the engine looks taller than it is wide. Any thoughts?

Thanks everyone.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
hey Jake, welcome aboard
I'm not sure about your question but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that has an answer for you.
good luck and happy motoring

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome Jake to the forum, glad you joined :)

It's good that you have taken the time to do your homework...I do not know how much room you will need for the Honda...we have several members with that set up maybe they will jump in here and give you some advice.
:ride2:

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
If you go the this link the first/top photo is a straight shot of the GXH50 profile without tank. Small Engine Warehouse: GXH50QHA - Honda Engine 2 5hp Horizontal 5 8 x 1 1 4 Shaft Muffler no tank if you lay a piece of paper at the top pt of the sparkplug and put a pencil mark at the bottom and then rotate the paper 90 degrees and lay it across the motor from the edge of the air cleaner to the tip of the muffler, the distance is the same. The motor without tank is 10 in. tall. The motor with the gearbox attached comes out to 9 in. One other note Small Engine Warehouse is a great source for the Honda motor.

ocscully

JdubsLBC

Jul 27, 2008
LONG BEACH
wonderful. now I can go bike shopping with my 10x10 square in hand! Thank you ocscully and the welcome from fairracing31 and nunyabidnes.