Rock Solid Engines

GoldenMotor.com

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Hi guys. I just installed/ran my 70cc engine from rocksolidengines.com for the first time, and all I can say is it's amazing!

This is my second engine, and the ride is so smooth/quiet, yet powerful. I previously had a chinese 66cc, and it ran pretty loud/slow acceleration. I haven't even broken the engine in yet, and so haven't opened the thottle more than 1/8, so I'm looking forward to breaking it in.

I managed to get the chain to run without the chain tensioner as well! This is great for me as chain tensioners make me want to kill myself. With my 32 tooth sprocket, I idle at about 20km/h, and at a 1/8 throttle turn I do 30km/h (according to my speedo). So I would like to let any Australian riders know that RSE are a great company, and their prodcuts are of great quality.

Once I fully break my engine in I'll give you some speeds.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Slipping the clutch would not be recommended.....even with a 44t sprocket.

I would suggest opening that bad baby up a little just don't run it too hard for a few miles. Running too soft will not help break in at all.

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Oh, so open the throttle half way up maybe, and kinda just rev it up full and then release from time to time? My first engine was kinda a failure/experiment, so I want to keep this one running smooth.

I am using a 32 tooth on a 26" wheel, however when I stop I pedal before I release the clutch.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, vary the throttle amount and the engine rpm, and don't run down a long hill with the throttle off (not a good idea even with a broken in engine).

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
I pulled the throttle all the way back for a few seconds, and then set it back to 1/2 way several times during this ride. 1/2 throttle I'm doing 40km/h, and just going full for a few seconds I did 48km/h.

juliman

Dec 30, 2010
qld australia
nice, im getting a rocksolid stage 1 hp kit when they open back up (the 10th), where did u get the 32t sprocket? thank you i have been looking for reviews and now i kinda have one yay!

Rikona

Nov 5, 2011
Sydney
I wish I had as much luck with my stage 2 70cc from RSE, after running it in I opened it up a bit and just blows gaskets every time , drives me crazy because It cost $400+ and it is no were near as good as my two 58cc star fire gen II that has so mich more torque and speed, people told me not to full throttle for more then a few secs at a time, but after I got my second starfire I want to see how much I could get out of it, I rode for 40min at full throttle 65 - 70 kmh and it is still going strong with 3500 km on the clock and cost me $260, might be just my bad luck with with a bad batch, I don't know.

I just ordered 50cc Liquid cooled Franco for my next build I can't wait

If anyone wants to buy my RSE
stage 2 70cc pm me

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Sorry to hear that buddy.

I thouroughly enjoyed mine until I sold the entire bike.

I'd buy it extremely cheap if you're interested.

By the way folks, working on a 110cc Tricycle. 6 spoke front wheel on the way, disc brake/suspension fork installed, engine still shipping (taking forever), going to pay for the rear axle etc next week. Should be killer.

Sandford

Mar 27, 2012
TAS
If your blowing head gaskets try tightening the head nuts when the engine is cold . I do mine every time for the first few rides , never had a problem .
How much do you want for the old engine?