New build

GoldenMotor.com

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
I recall reading about a schwinn Point Beach,Im gonna do a new build and may just go all the way and replace the bike itself,I saw this schwinn and thought it may do well..any feedback or things I should know?
Also,I would like to know what others are using for oil,its difficult to find a fully synth.I find synth blends,Im sure that would serve for a while but I wanna do the right thing on my new one!!

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
schwinn Point Beach has an aluminum frame so I wouldn't use it although a lot of people do

My mate with 5000 miles on a 4 stroke Grubee just found a crack in his Point Beach on
the top tube in front of the seat

Too many opinions on the oil issue so .......

I recall reading about a schwinn Point Beach,Im gonna do a new build and may just go all the way and replace the bike itself,I saw this schwinn and thought it may do well..any feedback or things I should know?
Also,I would like to know what others are using for oil,its difficult to find a fully synth.I find synth blends,Im sure that would serve for a while but I wanna do the right thing on my new one!!

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my engine ripped off my real brakes on my mountain bike,well they really didnt but almost and they took a while to stop if at all even with new brake pads and needed adjusting everyday.
so i got a schwinn del mar with coaster brake and can stop on a dime and never needs adjusting,
btw if you want you can get a caliper brake for the front,it bolts onto the fender mount.

Last edited:

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.
schwinn del mar only has a rear coaster brake.......get a bike with real brakes especially the front
Thanx for the input,I may just stay with the skyliner frame and be done with it,I have an extra frame,I just thought id be easier grabbing a new bike,the skyliner has worked well for me mabey some new paint or something would be cool.I found someone who sells half links for bike chains hopefully this will solve my issue with the pedal chain,anyway my new chengine is on its way hope to make this one last longer,I do ride them hard though...LOL