New, but old, not young I mean!!!

GoldenMotor.com

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
I have fabricated, built, restored, and worked on about everything over the years. My last project was this wrecker build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNCjcijTtHE My son has been on me for years to build a motorcycle, you know a Harley chopper or something like that. I always told him I didn't like that style bike, I like the old ones from the early 1900's. Little did I know that they were called board track racers and there was a lot being built. I thought I was in a group of a few old codger's that liked that style, little did I know there was such a following. So now I am working on the engine for my board track racer. I never make plans and build as I go, so I go overboard with everything. I am posting some pictures of my engine here in the forum. I don't think there is any out there quite like this one. Jonathan

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy and welcome!! (By the way, Dan & I are the "How-Deeeee Brothers".....:D)

We certain love see a unique build on here! Best of luck!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Oh boy another home DIY builder, can't wait to see what you come up with. WELCOME! ..................Curt

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
Oh boy another home DIY builder, can't wait to see what you come up with. WELCOME! ..................Curt
I only build using pop sickle sticks, chocolate icing for a binder, and graham crackers. That way I can burn the wood for heat and eat the crackers with icing when I run out of money.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wait, what about duct tape, bailing wire, U-bolts, hose clamps and zip ties?

Kidding. Hate zip ties and only use bread twist ties. cvlt1

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Har, lol.

Wait and for folks reading. Way back and here on the forum, there were a good many folks who suggested JB Weld for just about everything. Lose carbs, vacume leaks, loose mufflers or pretty much any thing.

But Tom would go insane trying to explain how to do proper repairs and no matter what, someone would still suggest JB Weld.

(When clearly, duct tape would be the best choice)

Last edited:

jerrdan john

Sep 7, 2014
North Carolina
Har, lol.

Wait and for folks reading. Way back and here on the forum, there were a good many folks who suggested JB Weld for just about everything. Lose carbs, vacume leaks, loose mufflers or pretty much any thing.

But Tom would go insane trying to explain how to do proper repairs and no matter what, someone would still suggest JB Weld.

(When clearly, duct tape would be the best choice)
I worked with an engineer many years back at Carter/Weber AKA magneti marelli we were designing the three deuce setup for Edelbrock with the reman 2 jet rochesters. He loved JB weld so much we called him Joe b weld. His name was Joe.. That was his fix for every problem..

P.S. I don't build with anything I can't eat or burn for heat when I am done and J.B. Weld tastes like crap....