Just Curious

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
C'mon Joe,

You know that the likely-hood that a newbie is going to install an in-frame kit, "properly", in 2-3 hours is slim to none...keep in mind "properly".

I would bet that mechanickid installed a rack mount? The original post didn't specifiy what type of kit.

As John said, dialing-in a sprocket, "properly", that floats on the spokes is a pain in the tail.

If yours came out concentric immediately, bow to the sprocket Gods...they were kind to you!

Jim

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
O.K., call BS, everything I build is junk and nearly unrideable.
All the bikes I've sold are deathtraps and it just by sheer luck that I haven't had my ass sued off by the unknowing people I perpetrate these crimes upon.

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
nope it was a "china girl" the sprocket wasn't the most fun, but it started up and took off the second i let go of the clutch, fist time any gas had been put in too.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
O.K., call BS, everything I build is junk and nearly unrideable.
All the bikes I've sold are deathtraps and it just by sheer luck that I haven't had my ass sued off by the unknowing people I perpetrate these crimes upon.
Good one Joe...

I read your posts that followed this one...In a lot of ways we are two peas in a pod :D

Mechanickid,

I wish I could have been there to watch your build...It would have either been hysterical or totally amazing...I wish I could have been there!!!

Jim

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
lol, probably close to the hysterical side :p like one of those movies where the kids throw trash together and get a spaceship or something.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Had About 3 427 Ford Tunnel Port Race Engines That Had Blown. I Found Enough Parts And Assembled The Whole Engine With The 1/2" Air Impact Gun, Used Brgs Etc, No Tork Wrench. That Thing Ran Forever And Strong. Later Figured Why They Blew. The Machine Shop Was Grinding My Sodium Filled Exhaust Valves ( The Valve Seat In The Head, Too Narrow And Not Enough Metal To Metal Contact To Transfer The Heat Out Of The Valve.) The Heads Fell Off At 7000 Rpm. THAT ENGINE WENT TOGETHER IN RECORD TIME. BEFORE THAT WAS RACING IN FOUNTON CITY MIN ON A SUNDAY AFTER NOON, LEADING THE RACE DROPPED EXHAUST VALVE HEAD OFF REAR CYCLINDER, VALVE HEAD WENT OUT THRU THE HEADER PIPE.!! THEY HAD A RESTART BECAUSE OF A CRASH, SO I LOADED UP. ON THE WAY HOME WE STOPPED TO EAT AND REMOVED ROCKER COVER ONE VALVE HAD NO LASH, THE STEM WAS GOING UP AND DOWN AGAINEST THE ROCKER ARM. WE RACED IN MY WIS HOME TOWN THAT NITE AND WON THE HEAT AND FEATURE RACE ON 7 CYLINDERS. TRUE STORY, ABOUT 20 481 CID CHEVY`S TRYING TO CATCH ME. I HOPE THIS POST IS OK. RACED LATE MODEL OVER 20 YRS. SPENT HUNDREDS OF NITES IN THE SHOP TWEAKING ETC. WOULD HOPPLE TO THE HOUSE FOR COFFE WHEN THE SCHOOL BUS PICKED UP MY 4 CHILDREN UP FOR SCHOOL. I PAID MY DUES. IF THIS POST IS OUT OF LINE I WILL DELETE IT. RON

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Jim, Thats Impressive. Of Course, We Expect Nothing Less From You!! Did You See The New Sbp Shifter Emocon. I Suggested Hiker Put The Little Wheelies When It Shifts. Hiker Puts Lots Of Hours Into The Little Guys. My Son Raced A Pinto 4 Cyl 15 Yrs Ago In Ocala, Fl. I Was Impressed By Those 2000 And 2300 Engines. Bought Some Stuff From Gapp & Roush. My Youngest Daughter Moved To Tampa A Few Months Ago. Ron Ps I Have The Envelope On My Desk Addressed To You With 5 Bucks To Cover The Shipping For The Second Clutch Kit.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Hi Jim, Thats Impressive. Of Course, We Expect Nothing Less From You!! Did You See The New Sbp Shifter Emocon. I Suggested Hiker Put The Little Wheelies When It Shifts. Hiker Puts Lots Of Hours Into The Little Guys. My Son Raced A Pinto 4 Cyl 15 Yrs Ago In Ocala, Fl. I Was Impressed By Those 2000 And 2300 Engines. Bought Some Stuff From Gapp & Roush. My Youngest Daughter Moved To Tampa A Few Months Ago. Ron Ps I Have The Envelope On My Desk Addressed To You With 5 Bucks To Cover The Shipping For The Second Clutch Kit.
Ron,

That was my mistake on your order...I should have noticed you ordered 2 units...No extra shipping charges were incurred! Thank you for being so considerate, but you don't owe any additional shipping charges!

Jim

Jun 25, 2008
my record is 3 hours for a solid trouble free build and ride. But thats after building god knows how many. My first one took a day and wasn't the most beautiful bike to look at (after i was finished!)

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I'm headed to Target today for a Schwinn Jaguar.

Once I actually get something done I'll put up a new build thread with photos for this project. The engine mounts will be designed for the CNC this time, and should look a lot better.

For you guys that build and sell complete bikes; consider the Schwinn Jaguar, as this kit is going to make installation a lot easier, and your customers are going to get the best "China Girl" MB currently available.

I will probably be asking for some dimensions so that I can try to make a kit that fits this frame type instead of it being a Jag kit only. I don't know how it's going to work out, I would really rather have each bike here at the shop, but I can't justify buying $2,000 worth of bikes right now. Maybe next quarter if things go well.

Jim

Jun 25, 2008
Can't get the schwinn jaguar in the UK. How much of problem is it going to be to fit to other cruisers. Would have thought they're all very similar...

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Can't get the schwinn jaguar in the UK. How much of problem is it going to be to fit to other cruisers. Would have thought they're all very similar...
They do appear very similar...maybe I worry too much...I've been doing this for a long time, (mechanical design work), and if everything isn't checked and taken into account there will usually be problems.

When offering a product to the U.S. public I have to make sure it's as advertised. If I say "well I think it will work" and it doesn't, people will get irritated, cobble my kit in an effort to make it work, and the end result will be that no party is happy. I will refund a kit that is totally ruined and can't be re-sold. This kit will absolutely alleviate the problems that are common to the installation of a Chinese In-frame engine kit for a specific bike, (Initially).

I will not say that this kit will work on any other bike until I have installed it myself. Hopefully the bike list will grow! I am going to incorporate some adjustability into this kit...I will only go as far as I can without altering the design intent...otherwise I will end-up with a universal, perfect for no bike kit...and we'll be right back to square one.

I have to do this from an engineering stand-point...there are lot of things to consider and I have not been involved with engine powered bikes long enough to know everything about the differences in a certain frame style. I have to discover it for myself, unless anyone has frame blueprints that are toleranced. Not likely!

Jim