New bike and new fan of them!

GoldenMotor.com

BAMHALL22

Jul 24, 2012
Flint, MI
Need help id'ing motor...New bike and new fan of them!

I was at the Syracuse Nationals car show for work, we had a display there and in the swap meet I found this bike. I could have sold it three times before I hid it in the trailer...not for sale!

BUT...I have no idea what I bought! I am a classic car person for work and for a living but these things are soooo cool!

Any help getting instruction on the installation of the motor...I have all the part...I think.

Thank you for your help

Bam

Attachments

Last edited:

BAMHALL22

Jul 24, 2012
Flint, MI
Thank you Scotto for the information and the kind greeting...my only concern is that with my Hot Rod resources that this could be come a addication...watch out!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the addiction!
Errr... um.. I mean welcome to the forum!
Yeah, that's it...
I hope that you enjoy this place, as well as your new bike.
These engines are made in many different factories around China.
They all look very similar on outward appearance and the internals too.
The fine details of the pistons and cylinders can vary greatly though depending on which factory made the engine.
If there is no identification plate on the sprocket cover stating where the engine came from then determining what factory made it it boils down to subtle appearances and educated speculation.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Welcome Bamhall,
welcome welcome welcome
waggin!

Nice stuff to start with!
Looks like a pretty big sprocket in the back- you may want to change that later if you aren't content with the speed out of it- a smaller one will go faster- and depending on your use- that set-up looks good for some really heavy duty trail and CLIMBING-

a lot of folks seem happy with about a 36 sprocket- it's lighter and uses less chain too.

If you want to have less vibration at speed- the smaller sprock keeps the motor from revving so much at the same cruise speed- I guess it's fairly flat in Flint, so you will have no trouble with mountains or anything

Some smoother tread tires would help stop any shake too, and maybe narrow- lighter and better roll

just a couple of suggestions

good luck

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
when I found this forum, it was on accident. Now, after two builds, and many people on my Navy base seeing me zip up and down their streets, this is for sure an addiction. Because it's fun, it's accepted and well liked by everyone, and it's pretty cheap (compared to something like a motorcycle).

I'm sure you're going to have a blast. And it will make a great bike to zip around the car shows.

Enjoy it. Next thing you know, you'll be on your third build. lol..