Whats in your "On board tool kit "

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I never leave the house with out some sort of tool in my "Man Purse " as my wife calls it I carry in it a spare CDI with plugwire , spark plug a Phillips & Regular head Screw driver. Various nuts and bolts I have a 1/4" and a 3/8" drive ratchet an array of sockets I also have 2 crescent wrenches a pair of Dykes Kline of course.10" Stilson wrench , Needle nose pliers , electrical tape and an MRE just in case, I crash down and embankment and need to stay there a while. Oh yea and I keep 20 oz of water on the bike at all times

fishyfish777

Sep 2, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Because I don't stray far from home, my main concern with the bike is the really, really flimsy tires it has. Therefore, all I carry is some water, tire patches, a small pump, a small adjustable wrench and a Leatherman.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
sorry Tom, I couldn't find it I searched for tool kits might be why feel free to delete it I wouldn't mind, Gotta save space, & there is no need for it to be covered 3 times same subject I am 100% for axing this thread if I could I would kill it

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
I never leave the house with out some sort of tool in my "Man Purse " as my wife calls it I carry in it a spare CDI with plugwire , spark plug a Phillips & Regular head Screw driver. Various nuts and bolts I have a 1/4" and a 3/8" drive ratchet an array of sockets I also have 2 crescent wrenches a pair of Dykes Kline of course.10" Stilson wrench , Needle nose pliers , electrical tape and an MRE just in case, I crash down and embankment and need to stay there a while. Oh yea and I keep 20 oz of water on the bike at all times
Good Lord! Minus well pull your whole tool box! The only thing I have is 1 screwdriver, 1 zip tie, and most important of all....1 can of instant fix a flat! These are the only thing I will ever need.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
Phillips head, flat head screwdriver, a pair of pliers and a crescent wrench. I need to get some flat tire repair items, but I will wait until next spring/summer.
These items will fix everything I have had go wrong so far. Well, except for running out of gas that one time...

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
The only thing I'm afraid of is getting a flat, if it's a motor issue and I can't fix then I don't mind pedaling home. If it's too far then I call my wife to pick me up with a bike carrier in the back trunk at all time. So a cell phone is a must carry on.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Somebody's probably already mentioned it, but I learned the hard way. As the seasons change and the sky darkens sooner, I found a flashlight would come in handy. Especially since I hit a bump on a tree-lined street, under oncoming twilight, and my house keys decided to hop out of my pocket and dive for cover. My headlight was able to suffice. But it occurred to me that if I ever had to work on the bike under these conditions, I may want a light that isn't attached to the bike.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Somebody's probably already mentioned it, but I learned the hard way. As the seasons change and the sky darkens sooner, I found a flashlight would come in handy. Especially since I hit a bump on a tree-lined street, under oncoming twilight, and my house keys decided to hop out of my pocket and dive for cover. My headlight was able to suffice. But it occurred to me that if I ever had to work on the bike under these conditions, I may want a light that isn't attached to the bike.
Good idea. For years now I've been wearing a 'Panthervision' ball-cap with a pair of LEDs in the front of the brim and a couple of CR2032 batteries in the band, like this but black. I like 'em because the brim is slightly longer than many hats that style, and it adds enough light on a dark path to avoid trees and some light where I'm looking when working. I haven't tried the clip on ones, they'd probably be as helpful.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
8 and 10mm comb wrenches, 10mm socket and ratchet, sparkplug socket, phillips and standard screwdrivers, spare sparkplug, Tire patch kit, spare tube, hand pump, extra masterlink for chainblack tape, balingwire(indespensible!) zip ties.

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
you know what sucks, Ive had like 8 flats so far with no tools or patches so I find myself walking home alot, most of the time I get really tired carrying a 30 pound bike so i ride really slow with thr flat it sucks.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
you know what sucks, ive had like 8 flats so far with no tools or patches so i find myself walking home alot, most of the time i get really tired carrying a 30 pound bike so i ride really slow with thr flat it sucks.
why not carry a can of fix-a-flat like dood said?