has anyone tried to put a motor on this?

GoldenMotor.com

klumaverik

Jul 13, 2011
North Charleston, SC
hello Im noob to the bone but i'm addicted already and I haven't even bought a motor yet. I just bought a Next Street cruiser. and I'm looking to put a mcgrubbe 66cc gt5 anglefire on it but I'm worried due to the curvature of the bottom bar of the fram that it won't fit there is a place that has the proper diminsions but not al the way to the seat cuz it curves upward not just angles upward. anyways if anyone has had experience with this bike frame, I would be forever grateful for some tips and a yay or nay on using it. I;ll post pictures later on today.. thank you and good luck on your own bike builds.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
If you could post some pics of the bike that may help. I am on my cellphone or I would post the link for the motor cut out that you can print out and size it in the frame.If you use the search feat you can find it.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If it is anything like this bike, it could be done with a SBP type of front mount.
Walmart.com: 26" Men's NEXT La Jolla Cruiser Bike: Bikes & Riding Toys

You would most likely need to buy an extra deep u bolt from a hardware store to accommodate the extra width of the tubing as it is oval in shape. The u bolt that comes wit the SBP mount would not be deep enough.
You would also have to reinforce the mount with steel clam shells to avoid stressing the aluminum frame tubing and prevent cracking.

klumaverik

Jul 13, 2011
North Charleston, SC
If you could post some pics of the bike that may help. I am on my cellphone or I would post the link for the motor cut out that you can print out and size it in the frame.If you use the search feat you can find it.
ok I tried to get a picture posted on here after cropping it several times i guess I need to turn down the resolution on my camera and take a pic of the whole thing or something but gearhead i think his name was said that it should fit as long as i get a longer U bolt than the one with the kit and reinforce the clamps onto the frame cuz the vibrations could very well crack the alluminum frame which I could see happening. I don't know whether or not the carb. would be tipped too much at an angle or not I just don't know also does anyone know for sure which the best 66cc 2-stroke engine to get for $179 dollars or less?

Attachments