BlowByU GT2 Build

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Thankyou Terry for all of your videos and threads explaining in detail how to build a motorized bicycle in home in an honest tell it like it is approach. The neck, is that the piece of steel between the handlebar clamp and the part the wedge bolt goes through, and the replacement steering stem and fuel cap, were they included in the box with the GT2 Bicycle? Your attention to detail during your builds really shows when done. Terry I'm sorry for the twenty questions, but are the MP Cruisers built as good as the bicycles from the late 1940's and early 50's in that they would maintain a solid feel when running at say fifty mph? Thankyou Terry for sharing your insightful knowledge and extensive experience while building your motorized bicycles.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Thank you Terry for all of your videos and threads explaining in detail how to build a motorized bicycle in home in an honest tell it like it is approach. The neck, is that the piece of steel between the handlebar clamp and the part the wedge bolt goes through, and the replacement steering stem and fuel cap, were they included in the box with the GT2 Bicycle? Your attention to detail during your builds really shows when done. Terry I'm sorry for the twenty questions, but are the MP Cruisers built as good as the bicycles from the late 1940's and early 50's in that they would maintain a solid feel when running at say fifty mph? Thank you Terry for sharing your insightful knowledge and extensive experience while building your motorized bicycles.
Yes the parts are included, the supplier for this bike went to great lengths to rectify the 2 problems with this bike, the steering stem & gas cap.
I live for this stuff and I like nothing better than to tell people all about what I have learned.
The GT bikes have all the same upgrades I give all of my customs but at a price everyone can afford.
Now the Felt MP is a really solid bike but has all the same problems regular bikes have.
Inadequate brakes poor hub bearing that will not last at higher speed that you will reach with an engine on your bike.
So sealed bearings are needed and front brakes right away, the nexus 3 speed was a nightmare to find a sprocket for, there is one available for it now.
I enjoy making the videos they are a lot of work just remember they are unscripted and completely amateur.
Thank you very much for your kind words about my efforts to help others.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi All
Well the GT2 is now completed and running only the fuel tank will not be ready to use until Monday. I have used a temp fuel tank to get the bike running right you can see it in the pics I am posting.
One thing about this bike makes me a little nervous about selling it to a customer is that it is a fast bike even with a 44 tooth sprocket.
Here are the pics

SANY0441.jpg This is the tank sealer

SANY0442.jpg This is an expanding plug I used to block the fuel filler neck while sealing the tank.

SANY0443.jpg

SANY0445.jpg

SANY0446.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
The pictures I have posted are cluttered in the back ground I will do some better photos.

SANY0447.jpg

SANY0448.jpg

I will also try to do some videos of this bike before it goes to the owner like top speed and hill climb
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Everyone
Here are the pictures that I promised, taken outdoors in the little park that's behind my house.
I could not decide witch pics I liked the best so here are all 11 of them

SANY0449.jpg

SANY0450.jpg

SANY0451.jpg

SANY0452.jpg

SANY0453.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is the last pic

SANY0459.jpg

Lastly I have to say sorry to Everyone there is nothing special about this build as this bike was ordered this way.
If I had my way this bike would be much different from what you see here. Don't get me wrong what you see here is a GT2 done right the best engine and SBP expansion chamber on the truly great bicycle the GT2.
For me this bike is just kind of plain but a great bike never the less.
As I said at the beginning of this build it would be a fast one but correctly built it still took me 20 hours or more to build.
That is why I laff every time someone tells me they can build a bike in 5 hours.
I will do some videos and post them if I get a chance before the customer picks up his bike
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
do you know how heavy duty/well built the GT2 and it's wheels are in comparison to a worksman inb?
Hi
I can not say what they have done with the worksman wheels but I do not think they have sealed bearings.
I can tell you what they have done with the HD wheels.
Double wall rims.
12 gage spokes.
I am not sure what the axle its self is made of.
Sealed bearings.
The rear wheel also has a band brake.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The build is special ,it has your love and care in building it to work for the customer.
I know you did your best to make it last.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
The build is special ,it has your love and care in building it to work for the customer.
I know you did your best to make it last.
Thank you Thank you
This is very true I could have done this in 5 hours, but I took the time to remove every bolt and nut and used lock tight.
Sealing the tank took the most time but the customer will never have issues with rust in his tank and that is worth a lot cleaning out your carb 3 or 4 times a year adds up fast.
You are right this is a great bike, built right to last thank you for reminding
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I just want to say thank you for sharing all the details of this build. I'm sure it will help other people build better, safer bikes.
Thank you fishguts
I am all about the safety when it comes to motorized bicycles. The GT series of bikes are not perfect in that regard but they are going in the right direction. Starting with their HD wheels with sealed bearings plus the heavier frame.
The thing that could make them safer is disk brakes front and rear or at least on the front and they have provisions for that. But the hub for disk brakes with sealed bearing is $130 bucks almost half the price of the bike.
Thanks again fishguts
Cheers
Terry

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
hey terry just a question on the gt2 the motor chain how many link did u take out 4 the no chain tensioner or am i missing it on the pics

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
doesn't look to me that the tensioner ever disappears. It's right below the tip of the expansion chamber :)