ozark Mt. newbie w/ hydabike

GoldenMotor.com

kenji

Feb 17, 2011
ozarks
here is my photo bucket thumb
[URL=http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/labmission/hydabike/?action=view&current=hydabike2.jpg][/URL]
please click
then click next to get 2 more shots

i'm thinking of mounting a 49cc motor on that solid rear frame in back
and shim it to maintain chain tension
the rack measures 4 3/4 " center of tube to center of tube
rack tube diam. 1/2 "
rack length aprox. 16 "
min rack to seat clearance 10 "

i want to run the chain inside the rack using Staton's rear 36 Hole 12 gage Hub (w/ left and right hand threads).
i'd like to use a bump start /centrifugal clutch, kill switch and governor

is this possible?

kenji

Feb 17, 2011
ozarks
how about a 2 stroke with a comet CVT? any recomedations?
how big of a left sprocket?
i don't know if i have this logiced out right...
i hook a kill switch to the brake and when it's aplyed the motor kills and i slow down. i let off the brake, the motor bump starts, and i resume speed.
i was thinking of two throttle settings one for dirt roads and town and one for hardtop...

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Hi and welcome, If you go with a 2 stroke realize that most of the ones used on bicycles have a shaft smaller than the 3/4" usually required for a comet CVT. You will likely need an adaptor or shims to fit the driver on the output shaft plus the CVT back plate uses a bolt pattern designed for the 4 stroke engines. You can fine small scooter CVTs that will bolt to most engines with the 76mm clutch. These reverse rotation and drive on the right.
The kill switch on the brake would be a nightmare, at slow speeds it would be too much drag,doesn't sound like a fun way to ride at all. Keep us posted on what you do. This place is full of new ideas and experimentation.

Tom

kenji

Feb 17, 2011
ozarks
this is a back road comuter concept
so i'm thinking BTW WOT just to stay out of the way of the realy big 4x4s that sport the stars and bars rebel flags
its 4 miles of commute about 1/8 of it dirt
any of you who drove a vw bus know what im talking about
that's not a gas pedel, its a on off switch
two settings top speed and full stop
i went into the local farm suply parts counter to see if there were any comet CVTs avalible.
no go
i wanna comet model 340

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
Oh, I forgot to mention, Comet went out of buisness. You can still find comet CVTs but they are pricey now. The american made copies are good. The china made copies are said to be of lower quality. Go figure.

kenji

Feb 17, 2011
ozarks
I think the easy setup would be a 4 stroke like the HF 2.5HP and one of these:
218352A - Torq-A-Verter, 3/4" Bore 12 Teeth, #35 Chain Torque Converter or
Go Kart Clutch - Torque Converter| Clutches, 30, mini bike, mini chopper, Go Cart, Gokart, Gocart, Torque A Verter, Torq A Verter, TAV2 30, Comet

You will need an adapter that slips over the engine's output shaft. It converts the 5/8 shaft to 3/4 for the CVT driver. I have used them and they work but I can't find the link now.
that Harbor Freight 79cc 2.5HP 4-Stroke would be illegal in my state...

kenji

Feb 17, 2011
ozarks
OK here's another idea
pocket bike 49cc with built in transmission down to a disc brake mount sprocket adapter.
anyone w/ experance on these parts
what size chain dose a pocket bike use? could i get a left sprocket to match it and the drive?