My motorized bicycle runs like a raped squirrel

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's turning cold tomorrow morning so I had to get some riding in. We got 66 degrees tonight and I just went for a blast around the hood. My 48cc is running 30 mph easy as pie. They really do run better with miles. I got about 400 miles on her now. Seems like the hotter the motor gets the faster she goes.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Re: My MB runs like a raped squirrel

Nice the 49cc motors top out so much better than the 66. Nice tires.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Nice the 49cc motors top out so much better than the 66. ...
Oh, I dunno. My old Tempus could s**t & git. 'Course I didn't exactly leave it alone, it was slightly ported, carburettor was tinkered with, etc.

I wish I knew how accurate my speedo was. I had her on a straightaway once when there wasn't another living soul around, so I did what any of us would do when nobody's looking. Bugs hittin' yer face really sting above a certain speed.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Mine runs like a violated ape. Morini:D
Well, yeah. If it's got a Morini, it'll do that. I hear if you're running a Morini you have to shine up the rear fender and put on a good working taillight, because that's the end that people get to see, however briefly.

KevXR

Nov 18, 2010
Nor Cal

Colder air = denser air. More power for the motor if it's jetted properly.
What motor are you using?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Finally got the orange huffy build together and started yesterday and went a couple of miles- it's maybe a little sluggish- but probably won't do what the 66 does. Plus it's got a 40 sprocket comapred to the 36- I knew it would be more tame- but maybe somethings not quite right with gas supply and will probably pick up with break-in- Didn't want to wide open for more than just a moment.

the 700 wheels roll great with a 32mm on the front and 35mm on the back- it's very lightweight-It's a lighter motor- gotta find a scale. Gotta take some pix.

I think a lot of people feel the 50 might go faster when they haven't run a 66 with a newer 66 carb or billet intake. It really helps to get a short intake. This slant 50 is on sleeves- no intake- the carb sits right next to the motor, but the shorter front end mount makes it difficult to get a horizontal mount on the cruiser frame and the carbs still at a very slight angle.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Colder air = denser air. More power for the motor if it's jetted properly.
What motor are you using?
I have a Flying Horse 48cc slant head I bought through Zoom Bicycles. I cleaned up the intake manifold a little and rejetted to a 68, from a 70. I'm running a 40T sprocket. The spark plug is a NGK BP6HS. I'm using Red Line 2 stroke oil @ 50:1. My exhaust is custom, but differs only slightly from stock in both construction and performance.

Everything else about the motor is stock.

epicboy

Nov 3, 2010
Agoura Hills, Ca

bikenut i had the same idea for a gas tank - they has some pretty big aluminum water cans at the camping store so that's my next project - nice