Ready for second bike

GoldenMotor.com

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Hi guys,
I'm about done with my HT setup. It works just fine, but I think I'd like something better now that I know that I both enjoy it and can rely on it. I'll probably sell my current setup (maybe to one of you guys!) and I'd like to go to both a better bike as well as motor.

It's so hard to get straight info...but here's my questions, and hopefully your answers will include links to the vendor's sites...

I would like to buy an American Made Kit...frame mounted motor. Preferrably 4-stroke. If not American, then please suggest something...it's killing me to watch our economy go down the toilet, and still willingly send money to China, especially for the lousy quailty - you end up spending the same in the end, but maybe I'll be able to cut out some of the aggravation.

I just went to Dax's site...thinking about a Titan because of it's great reputation, but it's OUT OF STOCK. I've seen this also on a lot of his parts, and that hasn't changed for months, too...so that's another concern.

I've also read threads about people buying Honda motors, but then what? I need a way to mount it, gear it, etc. I certainly don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I don't want to fabricate/rig parts.

Anyway, thanks in advance, and vendors: don't be shy! Without insulting other vendors, please tell us why yours is good...

Thanks,
Mark

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Hi Mark,

Good luck on your upcoming venture. I can't recommend anything cause I'm still new at this myself. But good luck with everything. I know there will be lots of people that will help with their input!

cd

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Uncle Kudzu the Italians only know how to make pasta,wine & love-don't even say it Ferrari don't make one cylinder engines & if they did it would be $1,000 a cc. Get off the pot and buy something-I want to see your handiwork (c) Walter F.

csetech

Mar 18, 2008
Euless(DFW) Texas
GEBE Link you asked for... Golden Eagle Bike Engines, Geared Belt Drive Bicycle Engines / Motors for Mountain Bikes & More They are also backlogged as well. Everything EXCEPT the engine on their kits are American made. The two engine choices are both Japanese. I own two of them. A Robin/Subaru 35 CC 4 stroke and a Tanaka 40 CC 2 stroke. Both engines are bullet proof. You will tear a lot of cheap bikes up before you break these engines if you take care of them. The Tanaka 40 CC 2 stroke is noisier, faster, bigger and a pound or so heavier. The 4 stroke has a much more soothing sound but it takes a bit more pedeling at the low end.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
EHO35 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4
Complete 4-Stroke Mounting Kit plus Engine
4-Stroke Engine $609.00 plus $20.00 s & h = $629.00

OUCH! That's quite costly....but Augi - this is your stuff, right? Tell me that I will install it once, and can then throw away my tools? I want to support you, man - you support all of us here, but my wallet is tighter than a frog's a-s these days...and it's got to be the end-all answer for that much cash. I'm only a few hundred bucks from scooter-ville at this price.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
OK, I guess there's some political crap going on...I dunno and don't want to, really, but theres' some controversy with vendors on the "other" forum, too...and it's hard to keep up with who hangs out where...

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
EHO35 35cc Robin/Subaru Mini-4
Complete 4-Stroke Mounting Kit plus Engine
4-Stroke Engine $609.00 plus $20.00 s & h = $629.00

I'm only a few hundred bucks from scooter-ville at this price.
You are firmly entrenched in used motorcycle territory.....;)

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
I've got 2 R/S 35's on order, and 4 Tanaka 32's, clutch supplier seems to be the cause of shipping delays right now, but GEBE is going to do their own clutches in a month or two.

I'd recommend the Subarus for city commuters, pull into a pump every couple of days, (standard tank takes you around 25 miles), quieter, starts really easy in cold weather, in fact the string pull can nearly be done with a single finger.

I run the Tanaka's and keep 2 obsolete Zenoahs on demo bikes. They are preferable for longer distance and heavy duty users, in my estimation.