High Performance Wally World Cruiser?

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
What do you guys think about this bicycle? Think it could fit a 2 stroker with a fred head?
http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Comanche.../ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Other than that bike I have been looking at the Genesis Max Air 29er from wally world. I just need some better brakes and because a shift kit might be in the future it might not be a bad idea to invest in a mountain bike. I just need something that can fit a high compression head.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Fito Modena Gt is so appealing.... Throw a shift kit on that sucker and be cruising for days. S.O. would complain at me for spending that much money though!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
So I got my type b top end in today. Or so I thought. I bought it from an ebay seller who was selling it as Model B. Even had pictures of the differences in pistons. I guess I didn't look well enough and didn't realize he was selling his model B as the type a. So his Model A is actually the type b top end I need. Great.. more money and time out the door! Anybody need a type a top end?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Just spent another $10 on hopefully the right piston. Plan on having this engine together this next weekend.

My confusion when it didn't fit right.

Didn't stick out of the top much at all though I will say!

It threw me off because the piston didn't stick out quite as much as the last time I tried putting in a type A piston. Looks as though it's suppose to be in there. I was thinking ah yeah don't even have to deck down the jug at all then I pushed it down and found out it barely opens up the transfer ports. It'd run probably like that, just not very well.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just spent another $10 on hopefully the right piston. Plan on having this engine together this next weekend.

My confusion when it didn't fit right.

Didn't stick out of the top much at all though I will say!

It threw me off because the piston didn't stick out quite as much as the last time I tried putting in a type A piston. Looks as though it's suppose to be in there. I was thinking ah yeah don't even have to deck down the jug at all then I pushed it down and found out it barely opens up the transfer ports. It'd run probably like that, just not very well.

Yep the fella needs to get his pics straight, he has then switched and this will through many off when they go to order an upper kit.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Anybody have an opinion on this carb?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271736145202
Go ahead and get one and we'll work out the bugs together on it...LOL!

I bought one from him myself, haven't got it yet but plan to build me and intake and use a jug with the 40mm intake bolt pattern.

Pic shows it to be an original Mikuni Carb, if that's true there's no doubt it's a good one.

I dont know what cables to use and what kind of jetting it will take to get it to run right on a china girl but, I know there are other members here that have used this carb and I bet they will chime in and give some valuable info to help get it set up right.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Go ahead and get one and we'll work out the bugs together on it...LOL!

I bought one from him myself, haven't got it yet but plan to build me and intake and use a jug with the 40mm intake bolt pattern.

Pic shows it to be an original Mikuni Carb, if that's true there's no doubt it's a good one.

I dont know what cables to use and what kind of jetting it will take to get it to run right on a china girl but, I know there are other members here that have used this carb and I bet they will chime in and give some valuable info to help get it set up right.
Haha I did just order one too. I guess we can review it for others! If it is a good name brand mikuni it'll definitely be an upgrade. I would like to believe the cable could be reused, but we all know how that goes when you expect something! Now I need to look up a new intake manifold for it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Haha I did just order one too. I guess we can review it for others! If it is a good name brand mikuni it'll definitely be an upgrade. I would like to believe the cable could be reused, but we all know how that goes when you expect something! Now I need to look up a new intake manifold for it.
I have an intake I bought from bike berry that was suppose to be for the CNS carb but it has a sout that is just a tad undersized so carb won't tighten down on it.

I'm thinking it may be possible to bore it out and use to connect to the Mikuni by way of fuel hose, won't know though until I get the carb and look it over, I may have to just build an intake from scratch.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
what does it say on yourconnecting rod yesimlds?

get tthe manifold that matches a carb for sure.

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I have an intake I bought from bike berry that was suppose to be for the CNS carb but it has a sout that is just a tad undersized so carb won't tighten down on it.

I'm thinking it may be possible to bore it out and use to connect to the Mikuni by way of fuel hose, won't know though until I get the carb and look it over, I may have to just build an intake from scratch.
I think I'm going to go with that one. Or if I can find a good match of an intake on one of the sponsors sites I might try that as well. It said it was 21mm so that is a good starting point

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Update time.

Took the rear wheel off today to get everything set on it. Put on the 32T sprocket as well as the new tire. Went to the local gas station to put some air in it. Got a block down the road when it exploded. The tube decided to give way while I was driving. Let me tell you about heart attacks....

Mock mounted it up got a new chain to put on it so I need to get that all lengthed correctly.

Got me a new tool today at my local harbor freight

Can you guess which chain is new and which one has about 4000miles on it?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri

Chain is hitting frame so I can't go tensionerless. Got the chain shortened up though. Need to get some new hardware for the tensioner as the china junk stripped out when I was taking it off. Boy was it caked in junk. I also can't seem to get the sprocket lined up properly. I am having the tightened loosened problem that I have already taken the wheel off once and reset it and tightened it down slowly. Heck I may just switch back to my 36T if I keep having all these problems!
:-||

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Got everything on and tensioned down. Wish I didn't have to use the tensioner, but the chain was nicking the frame.

Still waiting on my type b piston to come in so I can begin the other engine.

Also here is the weight of the 36T I had on there so we are loosing about 100 grams switching to the 32T. I should had cleaned my chain better because you can see how nasty that sprocket is. So with the 32T we will loose a lot of low end, but we got a decent amount of spinning mass lowered.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Looks good YILDS,

As long as you have enough grunt power to pull it the 32T may be ok for you, I have a 34T on one of my bikes and it does good on it, I went down to a 28T one time on that bike and it wasn't a good choice for me, the engine just didn't have enough grunt to pull it good on the flat or on hills, I might be able to get by ok with a 32T tooth on it but the 34T on that bike gives me good hills climbing power for my areas hills and I can cruise at 42-43 MPH on the flat if I want, when I get a better flowing exhaust on this bike again I should be back up to the old 46-48 mph top speed again.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Theoretically with the 32T sprocket I should be up around 47-49 mph, but it's untested so far. Had a muggy rainy day here, maybe tomorrow we will be able to see what she can do. Still need to fabricate the exhaust and get the dax engine going. 50 mph should be within reach once I get those things sorted out! Like you said I should be alright with the 32T I don't climb too many hills and the ones I do have long runways where I can get a good speed going before I hit them. I guess only time will tell!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Same around here with hills, most are long sloping and have good long straight flats leading up to them.

Yes time will tell if you have the grunt to pull the higher gear, sometimes a gear that's to high will choke engine e and you will actually loose top speed but if you have the power to pull it the top speed will increase, wind resistance increases with faster speeds so that an be a limiting factor also.

Once you get her out and going you'll be able to see what you have and if it will be what you want you bike to act like.

Trail and error is part of all this hobby, I'm always looking for that best happy medium where I don't trade to much off on either end.

Map