need some input on Iridium spark plugs

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I have a Z280.I have run the b6hs ngk plug and it's good.So I was just looking at the local O'Reilly's auto to see if they had a resistor plug,because it interfere with my speedometer and I came across this plug BR6Hix Iridium.I not for sure it will work because all of the NGK Iridium plugs that's talked about on here is bpr6hix and SBP sells the bpr6hix not the br6hix.So would like to know the difference?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Compare them. Size and length are what matter. I use the mid-grade platinum plug from bosch. No idea about the number...

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Well I guess I will wait until break in is done and I get to tune the engine in with right jets and then I will use the Iridium plug too see the differences.Thanks guys...

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I've been using the same Iridium plug (BPR6HIX) for over 2 years now...LOL ...Come to think of it , it's probably the only thing I've never checked on my bike. Guess that says a lot , they're awesome spark plugs , well worth the 8 bucks

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Thats why I use the platinum. It's actually better than iridium and lasts longer. Iridium is just another buzzword.(like platinum) What makes the platinum better is not a better spark, it's longer life and self cleaning properties are what make it good for plugs.
I did find a big change in one of my dirt track cars by switching to splitfire plugs years ago. I could instantly feel the power increase, but 8.00$ a plug made it a one time thing!
I doubt the ignition on the chinagirls is strong enough to take advantage of a high-intensity plug anyway.

Last edited: