MY First Build

GoldenMotor.com

tuk5799

Aug 31, 2010
TN
This is a B F Goodwrench frame (schwinn) It has been stretched 5 inch. It has heavy duty rims with 12 ga spokes and new front forks.....I am going to put the dax gt50r racing motor and a 8 speed trans. on it....I am hoping it will go around 50 mph top speed when done. I am now making a custom motor mount for the frame and should have it on next week sometime, thank you all for the comments and any idears all welcome....

Attachments

Last edited:

tuk5799

Aug 31, 2010
TN
OK. need help...I have 3.35 wide tires on this bike and a sprocket that came with a kit.....I dont think it will give me room with these fat tires....does anyone know of a back sprocket kit that will work with big tires.....thanks bill

Atomicdog

Feb 9, 2011
Ca
I would say downsize your tires.......Or try one of the sprocket adapters sold by vendors on this site.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Atomicdog is right: you may have to downsize your tires. It may be the best option. The drive sprocket of the engine will always sit a set distance out from the front-to-back centerline of the bike. If you use an adaptor to move the wheel sprocket further out to accomodate fat tires, it won't line up as nicely with the engine and there's a chance you could get chain-jumping issues.

I know, I like the look of the really fat tires too. But the 2.175 (I think I wrote that right) aren't so bad either. I've made those work. And they still look good.

PS: I love how this bike looks so far. With luck, mine'll come out pretty similar except, where most people are going for the board track look here, I'm trying for a vintage cruiser.

Last edited: