Huffy Santa Fe Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Not political, just very personal. I called the police, reported what was going on. It wont be long and peace will be restored. Hopefully my heart will hold up.

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
I need to make it clear that whatever problems I have expereinced lately are no way caused by the owners or operators of this site, to my knowldege or suspicion. If anyone believes in freespeech and other rights it is sites which are dedicated to the enjoyment of some peaceful hobby or common interest, like motorbicycling.com.

Now, let me tell what happened tonight while in the garage dorking with the bike. I go to pick up some tools and put them away and a hawk flies into the open garage and flies so close to my head that I can hear the air going over the wings. It realizes it cant fly through and turns around and flies out.

About 15 seconds later, I hear what sounds like a whistle. Has someone trained a hawk to swoop down on people? If I had my arm out, it would have landed on it. I've heard that whistle before too.
As far as I know falconry requires a license which probably requires some promise not to use it to harass people. That bird needed a reason to fly into the garage and someone other than me provided it. I didnt hear or see any critter come into the garage before the hawk, so I doubt it was hunting.

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
Dax shipped the motor and I'm just waiting to get it.:)

Meanwhile, I searched craigslist and found a 3 speed which could be cannibalized for brakes and the hub for a jackshaft 3 speed. That would make a 49cc very useful and fun to ride.

FreeWheeler

Jun 22, 2010
Maryland
I received my replacement motor from DAX and have it installed, but this is a different motor so I'm dealing with those differences. I have a questionable exhaust stud, posted a thread in kits. I also have to break in again or maybe that should be survive break in. I'm babying it and occasionally will hit full throttle on the flats. Every once in a while it sounds like it will take off, but it doesnt last. It starts to sound like my old puch and then it quits, so I back off run it 1/2 throttle where it runs crummy ok but consistent. Instructions from DAX say to take it easy for 500 miles.

bmxallday111

Sep 23, 2010
michigan
Ok I'm new to this forum, 1. How do you posta new topic, and 2. I'm. Working on a huffy santa fe also, going to put on a black horse 80cc motor

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.