almost bought a trike

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
my wife and I were riding down the road today when she spotted a big blue trike on the side of the road. We turned around and went back. The guy only wanted 80 bucks for it. I almost bought it until I realized how hard it would be to add a motor to it.

The other issues was that it would not fit thought the shop doorway. Oh well at least now I know for sure I don't want a real trike. There is always the faux trike idea.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
trike our not that hard to put a motor in to it the people that built my trike fabricate it a bar that goes across the top part of the bike that will turn the trike in to a bike if i can a find pic i will try to post it later here is apic of my trike i will be posting more pics later since i just got installing neon lights to it for safety reason people here in arizona they dont know how to drive

Attachments

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Or a trike in you shop with a 36 inch door. Glad I didn't get one in the box with some assembly required. LOL it would have been the boat in the basement scenario.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
bike with training wheels lol...\\

Or two wheels with a short axle and the axle run through the rear hangers (drop outs) and a box around the wheels like a trailer to support the outsides. I can attach the motor to the outside frame of of one of the two rear wheels. Pedal sprocket might be a problem though. The chain drive I have now doesn't really need pedals anyway. I'm thinking two bobtail trailers but mounted onto the sides of the bike at the dropouts. One is a pusher and one is a free wheeling wheel. All kinds of possibilities

The reason I haven't built is I promised myself no more building bikes. Most likely that is like the 15 pounds I promised to lose this year.

Last edited: