70cc Shiny Black???

GoldenMotor.com

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
I've bought a kit off eBay, and it's a 70cc engine, shiny black. I don't seem to be able to find many people using this kit, which I calculated to be actually just over 60cc. Most seem to be using either the 48/49cc or the 66/80cc.

Also, most of the engines seem to be a metallic colour, rather than the shiny black I have.

I'd be interested in any info about this particular engine, along with specs and stuff.

Thanks again guys.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
looks like the one i just bought but with the slant head. if you measure the bore and stroke it should still be a 66cc motor
I would rather not open the cylinder, because I'm worried about shearing bolts and stuff.

The bore and stroke on my (badly translated) manual, tells me it's a 60cc.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
manuals are often many years out of date - no biggie tho as it is what it is and they all run very similar

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
First kit? Don't be timid; you'll need to get intimate with your China Girl if you expect her to serve you well. Also, get those wires away from your exhaust-pipe!

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
First kit? Don't be timid; you'll need to get intimate with your China Girl if you expect her to serve you well. Also, get those wires away from your exhaust-pipe!
Thanks for the tip. I'll be selling this one and building myself a quality one :)

This is an outdated picture, I've already cleaned up the wiring ;)

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
first thing i always do with my kits is pull the jug and clean the case, almost always theres some stray casting sand or slag in there. also clean the intake and exhaust ports so there is no burrs or obstructions, port match the intake and exhaust manifolds. replace as much of the stock hardware as you can with better quality american grade 8 allen head studs. these motors are not get running and forget, they need almost constant tuning,and you will burn one up sooner or later, so the sooner you familiarize your self with the internals, the easier it will be for you to rebuild it.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
So after almost 100km of riding my motorized bicycle, can I open it up and clean up the cylinder? I was thinking that I might accidentally remove some 'grooves' on the inside of the cylinder that are supposed to help the piston rings to seal or something?

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Oh, and since you're planning on selling that build, consider a different engine manufacturer/supplier for your next; if the casting on those vanes is any indication, the innards may be crap.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Ok. I'm definitely getting a quality engine, a starfire or something with a brand from a regular online store.

This is just a cheapie from eBay :p

Goes well though :)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
TBH there's no better chance of quality from "a regular online store" than "a cheapie from eBay" as they all suffer quality control issues, random at best I've found the only real difference is the chance of an honored warranty... and given the really low cost of parts or an entire replacement engine, the price markup, cost of S&H and the wait times (not to mention "debating" the warranty lol) - I've come to the conclusion it isn't really worth it, I just take my chances w/whoever has a good deal & worst case scenario I've spare parts.

Provided ofc the retailer has at least some reputation for even just filling the order in a timely fashion, I'd not worry about the advertising as that's pretty much all it is ;)

Jus' as a BTW - the absolutely cleanest, best running & powerful motor I've ever gotten was an ebay cheapo... but again "ya buys yer ticket & takes yer chances" with these things lol