question for a machinist about 2 stroke heads

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Is there a way to make a head an jug assembly for the china motors gasketless specifically head gasket less an would it be worth trying?
Gary

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Why would you not want to run a head gasket . The heads on these motors are really poor quality . Even if you managed to get it flat I am sure I am sure it would warp from the heat and torque of the head bolts . The heads are pretty thin and not the greatest casting . If your trying to raise compressing get a better head .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
all the aftermarket heads are rather tall an on a bike like mine head height is tight , its a combo of more compression an conveinence , no head gasket means no gasket to ever possibly fail an I am also tossing around another idea . or two for high power ignition systems .

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
i don't think it would be very dependable with no head gasket.

You could probably have a groove milled into the cylinder, and use an o-ring.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
ok I will just let the cat out of the bag imagine a 1 peice head an jug , I am not blowing gaskets , an older aircompressor I owned was headgasketless ran beautiful for years till i wore it out .

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
You say you have a space limit in your frame . With a one piece cylinder and head you would have to pull the motor every time to get at the piston . I myself would find that a huge inconvenience.

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
I believe for heat to dissipate you need a head gasket , although I think copper head gaskets would be the best . Help dissipate heat evenly while maintaining head bolt torque and less warpage.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thanks rick , I am probably gonna try this an see if its more reliable than the aluminum head gaskets available .

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
all the aftermarket heads are rather tall an on a bike like mine head height is tight , its a combo of more compression an conveinence , no head gasket means no gasket to ever possibly fail an I am also tossing around another idea . or two for high power ignition systems .
Off subject but the 4 Stroke Honda GXH 50 and it's Chinese
Huasheng clone use a one piece head.

The only slanted performance head that I know of is made
from a standard slant head by ArrowMotorizedCycles.com
It has a proper squish band with a reduced chamber for
higher compression.

Left - Rechambered Cylinder Head
Right - Stock Cylinder Head

Last edited:

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
That is how we cured the old 2 strokers in our racing carts they always leaked after 50 laps, that was just 1 race, after we installed them the top end would last the whole season
bumps the compression up as well as you loose the thickness of the head gasket