Greetings! :) Need help!

GoldenMotor.com

sweersz

Aug 22, 2011
Michigan
Hey guys! My name is Zach and I'm a college student. I'm more of a bicycle guy but decided to put an engine on one of my board track bikes so here it is!

Unfortunately there's a big issue with it. It's very sluggish and doesn't response very well to the throttle; it bogs, I can't even go over 15mph now. It sounds like it just wants to die and occasionally it backfires from the carburetor out the air filter (I have a high performance carb). Can anyone help me?

dirt

Aug 13, 2011
United States
Greetings. I had a similar issue myself. I found that I had to move the little "E" clip on the throttle needle to get it running somewhat correctly. I went from the second from the top to the third from the top. Then I adjusted the idle screw until the throttle wouldn't bog down the engine. I'm only on my second tank of gas (first gallon) and the engine is running better and better. I'm going to wait until I'm done with the break in gas though until I try to adjust the carb any more since fuel mixture can effect the carb adjustments. I just installed a new spark plug and spark plug wire from SBP and went for a test run now that my speedometer works. I clocked myself at averaging 28mph and a top speed of 36mph. This is much better from where I was a week ago, which is where you are at now.