Venice 'NoName Customs' chopper

GoldenMotor.com

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Wow, I love checking out your builds, they are always something to see! What a beauty but that thing sure does ride low! From the looks of that second pic, I wonder if you lean into a turn will your peddles scrape the ground?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm loving the looks. Not sure I'd want to take it on a 50 plus mile ride but for short hauls it would be cool. Thanks for sharing, Norm.

Tom

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I'll name it for ya! Let's see....it's low long and sleek,maybe speedy.
I hereby name thee...Swift Lizard

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2013
earth
www.Frankenbikes.com
I LOVE slammed frames!

I LOVE slammed frames!
This is another great one man, and as usual there a bunch of tasty details as well as a killer overall stance.

a couple o' my favorites include those rear dropouts and the pedals on a stick.

the heavy rake and relatively short fork length mated to the frame which is nearly laying on the ground gives this bike a sinister posture.

impressive work!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sorry for the lagging in posting more about the bike...

The pedal roller has its own bracket that's welded to the engine mount.

The seat is a 'Sucker Punch Sally' bobber seat.

The tank was custom built to my specs by James @GhettoBike.

Both wheels are 24" Felt cruiser wheels that were powdered green to match.

Here's a few more pics... I decided to follow up from the blue 212cc Ruff Cycles bike & also powder coat several of the smaller parts to match the frame. (^)

Also... Since these pics were taken, the bike now has a Fred head & full boost port & window ported reed valve racing engine... (more pics coming soon)! ;)

image-2290020753.jpg image-4285319252.jpg image-3582668597.jpg image-575905857.jpg image-1163394177.jpg image-1039869905.jpg image-282442820.jpg

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Kudos to you Norm!

I know you have done a bunch of stretch low rider builds, but this one is the ultimate to me. How far us the seat off the ground? Like maybe 16 inches? Crazy Low!

I am also seriously appreciating the rake of the front forks, like crazy, man.

The only thing I would do different is the engine, I would go 4 stroke all the way, but I understand the will of the customer.

Live long and prosper Norm, as long as bikes likes this are being built to represent the West Coast, all is right in the world. I see some hating on the California lifestyle, but for me, it's the only way to be

Amazing work, as always

Gilbert

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
That green with the tan saddle and fat whitewall out back is the stuff dreams are made of. That is absolutely beautiful!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That seat looks awesome!! and that's a mean looking engine too... Which pipe are you using on that one? It looks like it was re clocked in about 3 places but it also looks like it was made just for that frame... I'm sure this one is as fast as it looks too... have you had a chance to see how fast it is yet? or are you saving that duty for the customer? Very Nice Build for sure...

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The pipe is from a CR80... & yes, I cut it everywhere & welded it to fit the bike.

I haven't GPSd it for top speed yet, but I'm guessing it will easily go over 45mph.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nice... I've been thinking about using cr80 pipes because they got a better stinger outlet angle than the kx65 pipes, my newest build has the kx pipe and it fit perfect just re clocking one bend, but the stinger points up instead of back which means pie slicing the back of the baffle cone to point the outlet where I need it to be. I noticed the cr pipes don't have that issue and they're very similarly routed otherwise. I got a pro circuit muffler from a cr80 and it slips right onto the kx pipe and points the exhaust to the rear because it has a bend that counters the singer's bend but I would rather eliminate that double bend between the stinger and the muffler.
Other than fit issues I was curious if the cr pipe out performs the kx pipe since I've noticed some of your other builds are using the same pipes...

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Nice... I've been thinking about using cr80 pipes because they got a better stinger outlet angle than the kx65 pipes, my newest build has the kx pipe and it fit perfect just re clocking one bend, but the stinger points up instead of back which means pie slicing the back of the baffle cone to point the outlet where I need it to be. I noticed the cr pipes don't have that issue and they're very similarly routed otherwise. I got a pro circuit muffler from a cr80 and it slips right onto the kx pipe and points the exhaust to the rear because it has a bend that counters the singer's bend but I would rather eliminate that double bend between the stinger and the muffler.
Other than fit issues I was curious if the cr pipe out performs the kx pipe since I've noticed some of your other builds are using the same pipes...
I ususally have to re-route the stingers on almost every pipe i use.

All 80cc pipes work well, but I like the CR80 pipe the most.

Nice!
Slammmed!
Any issues with fuel leaking from float bowl due to forward angle of engine?
I like it!
None so far... These carbs work pretty well even at extreme angles, but I think I'll still cut & angle the manifold to level the carb a little more.