how many people from uk on here.

GoldenMotor.com

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Hi all im just wondering if their is many people in the uk have these motorized bicycles im thinking of starting to import these china girls and sell them in the uk as well starting to sell performance upgrades for them as knowone in the uk seems to supply parts for our china girls. Would their be any interest in th uk for this

Steve

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
there is already 2 companies selling thease kits in the uk, petrolscooters.com and another one selling 2 stroke kits, forgot the name at the moment, they are not realy legal in the uk, you have to ride under the radar, like me. the chinese 2 strokes are rubbish, noisy smoke get to much attention. you would not get away with for a week, you will get us all banned. build a 4 sroke for yourself, no gears. keep it looking like a bicycle, no tank on the cross bar ect. i have survived 3 years so far. any help you need just ask, or this site will give you lots of answers. mirage.

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
update, just found the other 2 stroke kit supplier in the uk www.transformercycles.com just had another look at this site, he used to put a warning on the site, that these kits are not legal on the road here. but i could not see it this time, i don,t think the law has changed though, we are not allowed free or cheap to run transport in the uk without a lot of hassle. legistration tax, test ect. look up frank auton legal egal bike what he went through. that should put you off.
he should not have done it, as it set a precedent. for the powers that be.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I don't know about it being a too difficult process. After reading through what Frank Auton had to do it all seems to have gone well considering his bike was the first to be registered under the new regulations.

No more difficult than getting a homebuilt moped registered here in New Zealand or so it seemed to me.

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
the idea is to ride free, and do what a bicycle is allowed to do. if you want to go through all that hassle, just buy a scooter or motor cycle. or even a moped. you have gained nothing by do all that for a bicycle. no point.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Hi thanks for the replys. I had forgotten about transformer cycles. I currently runn a china girl in the uk and have done for about 6 months now and all is well although I only ride out of town well away from the plod. I can see why the guy u speak of went through it all to legalize his bike. (He is not the only one by the way) I would love to legalize mine simply because I love riding it because its different and fun amd I dont get that from a propper motorcycle. I find if you tune the china girls right they dont smoke much at all unless u let them sit and idle and oil up then they smoke alittle until its burnt off and as for noise I have a sbp expansion chamber on my bike and unless im running flat out its not too loud at all. I just love these things and would love to expand my hobby into a small business. But u are right that their is a few people offering these for sale in the uk.

poloste

Jun 11, 2013
uk
Just had a look at the members map and their seems to be only 4 in the uk lmao that might explain why I have never seen another one lol. They has to be more than that I know of 4 company's selling these kits now so they has to be more hiding in the shadows

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just had a look at the members map and their seems to be only 4 in the uk lmao that might explain why I have never seen another one lol. They has to be more than that I know of 4 company's selling these kits now so they has to be more hiding in the shadows
Members aren't required to post themselves on the map. It is voluntary. There might be many more UK members who haven't responded yet.
Are you looking for other members or suppliers?

Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Poloste.

Our host posted this to help find folks from an exact area;

here is how you do it. on the top of forum under the motorbicycling.com banner is a row of comands usercp, faq, ect.

1>click on the 3rd one that says members list
2>top right of the box of members is a box that says search members. click on the down arrow and click advanced search
3>on the new page type in the location you are looking for and click search now and all members that gave thier location that matches your search will apear.

hope this helps. 44 members from maine
This is a fascinating UK build. Dougy not only built a really cool motorized bicycle, he also got her registered. Great read and pictures.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=26674

Best of luck with your endeavor and please post how it goes!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
the idea is to ride free, and do what a bicycle is allowed to do. if you want to go through all that hassle, just buy a scooter or motor cycle. or even a moped. you have gained nothing by do all that for a bicycle. no point.
Power assisted bicycles we don't have to register here in NZ. Mopeds we do.
I still prefer to build my own though because modern motorcycles and scooters are boring things covered in plastic with far too much electrickery.