Drill fuel tap?

GoldenMotor.com

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Hi guys,

I'm real stumped with my engine. The company I bought it off had a recall over Christmas. I sent back my engine and had the "updates" installed. I'm told it was new bearings etc. I've tried running the engine and it is just sluggish. Nothing like it was. Carb is the same model but looks new, cylinder looks new also. Where I set the clutch is off also. Probably a different engine.

Anyways, starting is a struggle. It doesn't like to idle and it's struggling when riding WOT. The fuel tap doesn't seem to be letting much fuel out either. Can I drill straight through this new one? Open it up? It has a large nipple bit the screwed in part has only a 2mm hole at best.

I'd appreciate any input.

Cheers
Chris

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Lower the carb needle one groove and see if it helps. These motors are usually so rich from the factory they will barely run. If this helps, ride it until it starts smoothing out. Break in usually takes five or ten tanks.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think we need to know what engine you have before offering any advice.

Sorry, maniac57, but that's a fact. 2 stroke or 4? All too often we assume the OP is talking about a Chinese 2 stroke. That's not always the case. The advice needs to apply to what engine/carburetor the person has.

Tom