Updated "Stretch" cruiser mounts

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
This is cool and I'm doing it this way, bar-none.

I want a solid mount that looks good and it seems this will fill the ticket.

Better yet is that I can do this with my simple tools and it will be solid so we don't have to worry about the mounts coming loose/

Now.... I have to measure the tubes on Cranbrook and hope they have a set that will fit...

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Here's a couple pictures of the newest mounts I've been using. These mounts have evolved from u-bolts to muffler clamps and now roll bar clamps. They can be used on a number of larger frame tube applications. Total cost less than $20.

Keep in mind that my so called "Shop" consist of a good bench vice and a hack saw. Point being that these are pretty easy to make. The angle piece I use is a Simpson A24 construction tie.

Source links
Buggy Billet Alum. Accessories - Page 1
This is one very cool link. That's what I'm talkin bout

jasonpadilla

Jun 18, 2010
yorba linda
these are beautiful!!! i have a mustang stretch, i am gonna buy these!!! what did you use to polish up the parts from home depoT? how are they holding up? any stretching or bending? i want to try and put a shift kit on my puma stretch. any ideas how to mount that? thank you your bikes are beautiful

jcrogers2008

Mar 28, 2011
Texas
I think i may love that gas tank. I am new to the forums and the motor bicycle community but i am in the planning stages of my build. I have been looking around but i have not found a place where i can get a tank of that style so any info would be great.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here's a couple pictures of the newest mounts I've been using. These mounts have evolved from u-bolts to muffler clamps and now roll bar clamps. They can be used on a number of larger frame tube applications. Total cost less than $20.

Keep in mind that my so called "Shop" consist of a good bench vice and a hack saw. Point being that these are pretty easy to make. The angle piece I use is a Simpson A24 construction tie.

Source links
Buggy Billet Alum. Accessories - Page 1
A24 Angle - A24 at The Home Depot
Bump,

Bobjr59, here's the Off Road Roll Bar Clamps that can be used on frame tubes of 1.5-inches or 1.75-inches hope this helps with mounting your engine.

The below Link will take you to the first post in this thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=221360#post221360

C.H.