New to 2 Strokes!

GoldenMotor.com

forest rex

Dec 27, 2013
Memphis TN
Hey guys, great forum you have here.

I'm a senior in high school and like to tinker; I found this place researching China girl kits. I ended up getting an Ebay kit for Christmas and slapped it on my Felt Q520 mountain bike:

So far it's been a lot of fun, I've had a bit of carb tuning issues due to it not being mounted level; my frame prevented mounting the carb correctly. I'm using the CNS pipe for now. It won't idle correctly, but I'm not messing with tuning until I burn through my 23:1 mixture for break-in.

As the title suggests, I'm new to 2 stroke motors but am mechanically inclined, so watching my modding should be interesting. I've affectionately named it the "Dark Knight". .bf.

Here's my other ride, a 2006 Subaru Forester. It's extensively modified; I dropped the automatic trans out of that and swapped it for a 5 speed from an earlier year Subaru WRX, and also pulled the engine to replace some components and fabricated an Eaton M62 roots supercharger system from a Mercedes C230K on it. There's a stealthy front mount intercooler on it that you can't see in the picture. Nothing like 3 pedals and blower whine! :D As you can imagine it's a little faster than my motorized bicycle.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

You'll have fun. And from what you've done to the Subaru, I'm guessing that these little two strokes shouldn't be too daunting for you.

Best of luck.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our world of motorized bicycles. great looking rides both of them. I really like the black engine on the black bike, nice work!

forest rex

Dec 27, 2013
Memphis TN
Well I got the CNS carb installed today. It idles well but I'm 4 stroking at WOT and am limited to about 23 MPH before it chokes out. Guess I'll have to adjust the E clip on the needle.

Adematas

Dec 28, 2013
Trinidad
Hi all,
I am new to all this.
I live in the island of TRinidad but always love building so I built my own bike with a engine kit.
I made sure with was riding great and just sent it to paint..... Pics to come

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Hi Adematas.

We're glad you joined up.

Why don't you find the "Introduce Yourself" section and write up an intro post?
That's the best place to start.

Tell us more about your bike, (We always say that. But yours really does look interesting, too) what kind of conditions you ride in and stuff like that.