Is this possible???

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
On my new build, I will be sporting 20" dyno style ape hangers. I was wondering, for a cleaner look, is it possible to run the throttle cable through the bars and the wires for the kill switch?

Thanks

Mike

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Certainly. Many motorcycles do it that way. You'll get some arguments from those who will tell you that drilling holes in the handlebars will weaken them and be dangerous but if factory built motorcycles do it, why is it less safe on a motorized bicycle?

Unless you're doing some serious off road riding, jumping, curb hopping, etc. You'll never compromise the handlebar integrity by drilling holes large enough for cables or wiring.

Tom

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Won't be doing any of that 2door. Just a simple cruiser to go back and forth to work on (and to save on gas) and enjoy a weekend cruise with some other fellow motorized bicycle riders....

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
It's a fact that anytime you drill a hole in bicycle handlebars you weaken them. Having said that, I doubt it will make them weak enough to fail for basic road riding and even less so if you have front fork shocks. Drill as small a hole as possible.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
you could use the throttle off a simplex servi cycle and do that...the handlebar will need a notch on the very end and a small slot. you can look on their forums for pics of it and who has the parts.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
racie35....i looked on their forum and could not find anything. But, everyone seems to mention a guy by the name of Wayne Mahaffey????

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
yes thats his name...somewhere on there is a number to reach him at...I believe he's from Louisiana