Honda Solo 50 Vietnamese Clone

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
If any members are interested checkout the Honda Solo 50, Vietnamese clone, called the Solowins 50c & Solowins 100 they're made by Gia Toan Motor Company in Vietnam.

Their website is in Vietnamese only so if you can read and write in Vietnamese maybe you can translate the information for us into english.

Their website is http://www.giatoanmotor.com/vn/

I've seen many people post in other forums asking where to buy a Honda Solo 50, since Honda never offered them outside of Japan. I'd say here's the next best thing, although it's a clone Honda Solo 50!

If you ever wanted a Honda Solo 50 here's your chance to get one, a cloned version called the Solowins 50c or the Solowins 110cc!

Just think with one of these frames and engines you could build an amazing Extreme Motorized Mountain Bike version. If you use the same engine 49cc with the built in pedals, it wouldn't require licensing or registration plates in most USA states!

Pic's below or just click on my photobucket Honda Solo 50 page link:

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae265/ICrazyhorse/Honda Solo 50/

What are your thoughts and or opinions about these Honda Solo 50 clones called The Solowins 50c & Solowins 110, would you customize and build it out to your own likes or spec's it if it were available here in the USA?

Peace Crazy Horse.

If any members are interested checkout the Honda Solo 50, Vietnamese clone, called the Solowins 50c & Solowins 100 they're made by Gia Toan Motor Company in Vietnam.

Their website is in Vietnamese only so if you can read and write in Vietnamese maybe you can translate the information for us into english.

Their website is http://www.giatoanmotor.com/vn/

I've seen many people post in other forums asking where to buy a Honda Solo 50, since Honda never offered them outside of Japan. I'd say here's the next best thing, although it's a clone Honda Solo 50!

If you ever wanted a Honda Solo 50 here's your chance to get one, a cloned version called the Solowins 50c or the Solowins 110cc!

Just think with one of these frames and engines you could build an amazing Extreme Motorized Mountain Bike version. If you use the same engine 49cc with the built in pedals, it wouldn't require licensing or registration plates in most USA states!

Pic's below or just click on my photobucket Honda Solo 50 page link:

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae265/ICrazyhorse/Honda Solo 50/

What are your thoughts and or opinions about these Honda Solo 50 clones called The Solowins 50c & Solowins 110, would you customize and build it out to your own likes or spec's it if it were available here in the USA?

Peace Crazy Horse.
Hello all; New user here, just registered... That Solo clone website is in Vietnamese, Chinese, and English... just click the appropriate flag (British flag for English), in the upper right corner, and Voila!

As far as getting those bike here... the emissions bull**** will be held up, until someone with enough $$$$ gets them put through... OR just order the frame, with everything but no engine! should be easy enough to put on a honda clone, right? that'll get it here without problems. Next, slap on a 50cc engine (they're actually 49.5cc's, right? enough to exempt them from registration, or DMV in many states... then just get the upgrade to whatever you wish... I may be wrong, but aren't the bases the same for all these engines? Just the top part (cylinder, etc) is what changes them to 70-90-125cc, etc. I'm not positive about this, as I'm not well versed in this engine... maybe Crazyhorse can verify, or deny this for me?

Thanks for an awesome sight!

I had started a stretch frame build, in Michigan, before moving to Puerto Rico, and got the bike built, but never mounted the engine. I had a stretch frame (off ebay; from cruisin' the low life) and the chain, three piece crank (no one piece) also off ebay, and the rest from the people at worksman industrial bicycles, in NYC. Toughest wheels I knew of at the time, (and now).
I hope to be building again, soon! stretch frame cruiser, (maybe a trike kit; three inch wide 24" rear tires, and 26" front... powered by a honda clone.

Jeffinvn

Aug 19, 2012
Vietnam
I live and work in Vietnam and brought a solowin 50 as my daily rider as I was sick of paying police everytime they pulled me over on bigger bikes ( they randomly pull over anyone and take $10 cash $200,000 vn dong) for no offense at all. It's a great fun little thing to ride and attracts a lot of attention. I've only ever seen one other on the road since I got mine in December 2011.
I do plan to customize it in the future. It tops out at a heavily vibrating 80km but the limit is 30km in most areas and there are 8 million bikes on the road in Saigon anyhow

Jeffinvn

Aug 19, 2012
Vietnam
Just an update on the Solowins 50cc
I have now fully customised the bike and will post a few pics
This first photo is the original bike before the custom work

Attachments

Jeffinvn

Aug 19, 2012
Vietnam
This is the same bike after custom work
New front and rear fenders new tank new seat with storage under now and added side covers as I had the swing arm extended and a fatter rear tyre fitted had new handle bars made and chromed and the whole bike painted in gloss black. Result is a unique looking bike I only need to fill up once a month when riding daily

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's pretty nice, but there's some things I like about the before better, and some things I like about the after better.

Between the two, I actually like the before more. I like the smaller gas tank. The seat is ok, but I don't like the fenders. Overall I like the lighter airy look about it.

After, I don't care for the big gas tank, or the seat, or the seat under cowl as much. Not too big on the front fender either. I like the rear fender a lot though.

Still both look like nice bikes.

Jeffinvn

Aug 19, 2012
Vietnam
Hi again just thought I would let you know that I bought the bike new for $900 USD. They are still selling from some dealers though the Factory making them seems to have closed. I spent a further 900 customising it. I loved the look of the original bike but I realised it was just far to small looking when I was on it.

Attachments

Jeffinvn

Aug 19, 2012
Vietnam
I think the customised version looks a lot more bigger visually and suits my height (6 foot) better then the original.The average rider height over here in VN is about a foot shorter then me though.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Awesome detective work, CH! If you could find a used solo clone with a blown motor for cheap, you could have an inexpensive motoped. Are the 50cc pedal engines difficult to get?
I have thought of a few projects to base on the pedal motor.
One of them was to put a 50cc pedal motor in one of the Hardknock chopper kits. The original Hardknocks were 50cc so it shouldn't be a difficult swap.